You can type here any text you want

Underground Racing TT Gallardo wrecks at over 200MPH at the Texas Mile.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1NU6xjTSY[/YOUTUBE]

Very scary stuff, amazingly the driver made it out okay thanks to all the safety equipment.:eek:

The driver is very lucky! At the Texas mile there is close to 4 Miles of length to slow down. I don't know why the driver was in such a rush to slow down the car?

If you look carefully at the blown up version he seems to be having some traction issues. Wait for the second half of the vid and listen to the tires squeel just before the 1 mile marker, then the chute comes out. Glad he survived.

OMG!! Why would someone pull a chute at that speed!

to slow down.

NHRA Prostock cars pull the chute at over 200 mph
top fuel pulls the chute at 300+mph

loss of traction was the cause of the accident not the chute.

I read on another forum that the cause of the wreck was that the chute was attached to the car too low and when the chute was deployed it lifted the rear and caused the driver to lose control. If you look at the slow motion footage when the chute deploys it does look like the rear of the car lifts. It looks to be nice and straight until the chute comes out so it seems possible.

That was my first thought as I watched the slow-motion. Makes me think about all those high hp TBs I see running without a cage. Even me at 11.3 is a scary thought to loose control...

Wow... That is scary. Glad he survived, must have been quite a bit of safety work doen to the car. Don't know much about the cars, but first thought is it wouldn't have a whole lot of strength to tolerate something like that.

There is only 1/2 mile of shutdown at the Texas Mile. Good brakes can get you stopped; but, a chute certainly feels good at 200 mph.
I was there and did not see the crash. However, there were a lot of theories floated. After watching the video and hearing comments from some guys viewing the crash; I believe this incident demonstrates the need for driving experience at those speeds and tech advice concerning the chute system. Richard Holt can have credit for no fear. He went 250 in March and never used the chute. He spun the car each time getting it stopped.
There was a modified G body Monte (150 or so) and an '81 Cutlass around 200. Never saw any other G Bodies.

Back