Up date on 3 in. dp

i just got my delta gate used for 60.00 and it work great, i can tell a big gain in flow from the atr 2.5 and the 3" LT pipe.

$

Turtle TR, No problem as soon as I recieve the, mail I/ll turn it around.
BTW, In my original post I stated that you MUST use an external gate.
Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for understanding Lee. I sent you info on me through e-mail about the check I sent to you by snail mail to have it returned.

TurtleTr - you may wanna see if you can find a used Deltagate - like Crazygn stated. Lee's Downpipe is an awsome piece and you'll probably never get another chance to pick one up. Post in the parts wanted section - I'm sure someone has a deltagate collecting dust...and would let it go for a resonable price.

Later
Nocooler

Hey Lee!!!!!, with some consolidation of some friends over in the Hawaii section and the praises of your downpipe by members like nocooler in the hot-air section...I've decided to go on with getting the downpipe. I'm sorry for making ping pong match out of this, but I know in time I can save up money to get the things I need to get it to work. I've already posted a want for a deltagate in the parts wanted section as suggested by nocooler. Hey I was willing to pay in full now. So, Lee...if it's ok with you...I'd like to hop back on.

the cool thing about deltagates is that if you can find even a decent one cheap turbonetics will rebuild it for you for $50,and they're like brand new when you get em back.

fwiw,i ran my deltagate open to the atmosphere for a few months til i scrounged up the money to have it plumbed into the exhaust.

later,sean

Hey, Leeo did you get my check yet? Was wondering, well actually hubby was wondering, where we are on the list. Thanks, Esp also has a nice package for the external waste gate it's still about 360.00 dollars, but I think when it's all said and done this will be a huge improvement. :cool: :p

I located a deltagate and sent my money order for it! Lee, did you get my down payment yet? :D

Hey, Folks make sure you support this. Yes you have to do the external wastegate, but for the gain, it will be well worth it. If you signed up on the list now is the time to step up and send in your down payment. We need to support those that support our hobby. This is great that Lee has stepped up to do this and we need to let him know we support this. Okay stepping off my soap box now. :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawe yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! Just got my mark II deltagate today from Jim (Vsix). ***VERY VERY ANXIOUS!!!***

turbo6x2, did you locate am exteranal gate yet? There's an HKS wastegate for sale in the parts section. Here's a Deltagate on ebay going for less than $100 (Hope you get to it before it ends). And another Deltagate on ebay where the bidding currently is at a $1.00 (ends in about 2 days from the date of this post) HTH finding one if you havent located one yet. :)

btw **bump** :D

racegate vs. deltagate

Can anyone make a recommendation for my wastegate, I will either purchase a racegate or deltagate. I noticed that the deltagates have a spring # rating, I guess this is opens the wastegate at the specified lbs of boost? I want to do it right the first time. Minimum turbo size is ta-49 w/42.lbs injectors.

run the delta gate its alot cheaper, i run one at 23psi and have no problems with it.

Actually we bought the ESP race gate, wanted to make sure it was functional, paid some $$ for it, but I know we will be happy with the results. I did see a couple after the purchase, thanks!

How much?

Lee, how much are you asking for the down pipe and do you need to modify the turbo housing to make it work? The area around the original down pipe is tight. How do you get a 3" pipe to clear the engine and frame. I was thinking to putting poly motor mounts in which lowers the engine, will it still clear? What size up pipe are you recommending?

I was thinking to putting poly motor mounts in which lowers the engine

Poly mount lowers the engine? My driver's side poly mount has the engine sitting slightly higer than the passenger side with a stock type mount. I was thinking of putting a poly on the passenger side aswell just to raise it up a little so that my 3" DP might not hit the a-arm as bad. Im figuring that the mounts are the same size, but the poly just doesnt compress as bad as the rubber.

Mr. Buick

DP are $375 shipped to lower 48. No mods to turbo. You have to remove the stock cast ell, which removes your wastegate---MUST run an external Gate. Your right in that it is a tight fit. If installed properly there should be 1/4 in clearance everywhere. Also you must have the eng. secured in the eng. bay. NO rocking around!!!!

i'm running poly motor mounts on both sides and it does raise the engine a bit.this is a good thing,and my 3" dp fits no problem.

later,sean

Down pipe

What size up pipe are you guys running? and do you remove the adaptor flange with the larger up pipe? Do you enlarge the turbo housing on the inlet?