Update on the stolen '87 Gn I bought....

Jeff

'87 GN (for sale)
Don't know if anyone was following my story, or if anyone even cares...but....
I bought an '87 GN which turned out to have been reVINed as an '85 Regal. I turned it in to the cops, and waited for several weeks. About two weeks ago, there was a hearing, and the insurance company relinquished their claim to the car, so it was awarded back to me.
It cost me $700 to get it out of storage, but I have it back. Today I took it to the Department of Transportaiton where the correct VIN was re-issued (with a sticker, though, instead of the original tag, which is long gone) and then to the County where I got tags, registration, and the title will be mailed to me in 2-3 weeks.
So there's my happy ending, I guess. Now I just have to sort out the mechanical and cosmetic stuff with the car....
Later
Jeff

Congrats - that could've gone a lot worse. I'd go after the original seller for the $700. He was family or something like that, right?

Jim

i havnt bu tof course i caught this post. what about the original owner.....anyone know who he or she is??? Dont the police have to look for the original owner? We are talking about a stolen car right? Just curious. thxs.

he insurance co. payed the owner it was stolen from, and the ins. co. gave the car back to the new owner. I bet they just thought it was an 87 regal. If they knew the value, they prolly would have kept it.

Jeff now why would you say this...........
Don't know if anyone was following my story, or if anyone even cares

Thats why this forum is here , We as a community of buick lovers do care and if anyone would be glad to hear your story it would be us @Turbobuick.com :D

Glad to hear everything work out for you.

Jesse:cool: