You can type here any text you want

Updated 109 Build-up Pic

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thats SEXY
What paint did you use on the block, and did you hand polish everything?

Block paint is universal gray, and other parts are powder coated with reflective chrome from eastwood. I tried to eliminate as much polished Al as possible... its a PIA to keep nice!

Phil

Did you do the powder coating youself?
I have always wonder how hard this is.

Yea, powder coating is pretty easy... its the prep work that is the hard part - glassbeading, cleaning, sanding, etc... We have the eastwood kit and a couple o junk ovens... works great!

disco stu: Intake is sheetmetal with a removable upper plenum that will house the LT1 throttlebody. I'll have to post some pics of it, its almost finished and the plenum is a monster! I dont personally know of anyone thats done the LT1 tb on a turbo buick, but im sure someone out there has done it...

Phil

I like it, it's very clean looking but absolutely different. Great job!

Hmmm, I'm a Mease and Keith's a Mease, so i guess it is a Mease intake :) :D

It's actually similar to my old intake, with the exeption of the removable upper. The runners, intake flanges, etc... are all the same. From the runners up it's a custom piece.

Thanks fer the compliments!

Phil

JC Turbo: I think its called reflective chrome... i use the single stage they have now so no clear top coat is needed.

gnxtc2: Its a stock 20 bolt pan which we've welded a -12AN bung onto for the turbo drain. The bottom of the GT42 sits a lot lower so the stock bung is too high for gravity to play its role. I'm just hoping with the girdle and different oil level its high enough!

Phil

Back