You can type here any text you want

upgraded to a walpro and hot wire kit today, but my BL is still to high

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

My Block lean had been around 147 at idle and my TPS was .40 before changed the below.
Today we installed a new gas tank, Walpro 340 and hotwire kit.
Started the car up and the BL was the same and so was the TPS.
Adjusted the adjustable FPR and as we brought the pressure down from 47 to 40 (vacuum hose off) the BL went up to 150. We then raised the fuel pressure up and it lowered the BL to 144 thats the best we could get it. The TPS was set to .42
The car is bascially stock, just has 160 thermostat, boost set at 15 using the adjust actuator and a chip set for 18 degrees timing and 93 oct and the 160
I am also not getting any knock and the O2 reading at WOT in third is 880.
I thought that lowering the fp to 40 would have brought the BL down but the opposite happned, as I raised the FP up from 40 to 46 the BL went from 150 to 144.
I guess my question is what should I look for next.

If you have done all the basic settings correctly, I suggest do a search for Julio's high blm thread and you'll get a number of debugging steps and potential problems.

Examples: cracked header, bad pcv, vacuum leak, maf screens missing, etc.

High block learn

Hi,
What are you using for a chip? Also, did you reset the ECM after your work? There are only a handful of things that can cause high block learn, and I suspect one of the above is the culprit. If fuel flow is adequate, then block learn and integrator will adjust to meet the demand.

No, I didnt reset the ECM after installing the chip. Dumb question, how do I do that ?
Thanks

Ohh boy. You have LOTS of reading to do.

ECM plug is by the battery. There is a plug that has a tab goes attached tothe RED battery cable. Thats where it gets disconnected.. wait 10 seconds.. reconnect.

Hi BLM's are typically vacuum/air leaks. Even the crappiest fuel pump in the world will make it idle ok with good BL's. Bad fuel pumps on our cars show themselves on WOT and the O2 millivolt start crashing down from leaning out.

Where is the vacuum/air leak on your 16 year old car.. hehe.. thats a good one over a keyboard.

HTH

PS.. start replacing rubber hoses.. and do lots of reading in the general tech section of the board, and do lots of searching.. the answer's' are on the board for those that search and read.

Razor - do you agree with blocking off all the vacuum lines from the doghouse as a starting point? I used to think that if you did this and still had the problem, it was not in the vacuum lines, and would lead you to things like PCV, intake leak, etc.

Either way, at this point in time we all need to replace our lines!

The driver side cracked header on TR's is always the first starting point. Not as true on TTA's.

Originally posted by mark b
Razor - do you agree with blocking off all the vacuum lines from the doghouse as a starting point? I used to think that if you did this and still had the problem, it was not in the vacuum lines, and would lead you to things like PCV, intake leak, etc.

Either way, at this point in time we all need to replace our lines!

The driver side cracked header on TR's is always the first starting point. Not as true on TTA's.

Mark,
Actually reading is the best starting point. ;)

TIA

Back