Upgrading a non BFR

bnewsom

I have a another 200-4r out of a plain 305 Monte Carlo the I plan to build in the near future. BFR transmissions are obviously prefered but are there any real differences that can't be overcome using a good 1/2 servo, big boost valves and a good shift kit? I guess I'm asking what is better about the stock BFR other than what I mentioned?
Bob

2004r

From what little I know. Most of the differances are in the valve boddies. The BRF being the better one including a factory upgrade to the case some where. Look in the posts and you'll fine lots of info and who rules as far as building one.

I have a another 200-4r out of a plain 305 Monte Carlo the I plan to build in the near future. BFR transmissions are obviously prefered but are there any real differences that can't be overcome using a good 1/2 servo, big boost valves and a good shift kit? I guess I'm asking what is better about the stock BFR other than what I mentioned?
Bob

The BR VB and Gov is the major difference. I can make what you have shift just as nice as the BR.

So I can take any later model 200-4R with a good pump, upgrade the governor, servo and valve body and end up with the same transmission as a stock BFR? I know I would have to add hardened and billet parts to take it to another level of durability just like you would a BFR. I'm assuming the valve body is the same but has some different springs? The same for the pump but also some difference in boost valves? I did a search and found nothing on the case being different, so is it? I'm just trying to get an understaning of the real differences. Thanks,
Bob