You can type here any text you want

Upgrading AC system complete

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

I have FMIC,radiator,grill out to wire up new hid's.Dont know how this happens.Everytime some minor repair,i end up spending another 2k while im there.
I noticed when I move my ac lines ,that run across rad cover, I hear refrig leaking.I charged up a couple years ago,lasted for a almost all that time.
bout 1000 miles .I was looking at rock auto and they have compressor,condensor,for about 300.It seems to me for 500 I could get lines refrigerant and do whole thing.Has anybody done this?they have ac delco compressors also,
Don't want to pull front apart for a while,and compressor is kind of noisy.
Any input on this guys?

If you have the coin I don't see why not. I would get a NEW compressor but the lines can be had at nos4gn and I would guess the rest could too.
Nice cool a/c sure is nice in the summer time.

Ive ordered new compressor hoses.Im wondering if the rock auto condenser is a direct fit?Has anyone replaced the condenser and which ones direct fit?Prolly going with the ac delco compressor,not quite made up my mind.

My lines did the same thing, not uncommon. If you are looking for a condenser and will be running r134 try and get a multipass condenser, it will be more efficient with the r134. I recall a thread here sometime ago with a part number however my tablet sucks for searching or I'd look it up for you.

Make sure you get the proper hoses with the barrier for r134 if thats what you are using. I suggest one of the vendors here who have the reproduction hoses, they will fit properly. If and when the Canadian dollar bounces back a bit I will be doing the same.

My lines did the same thing, not uncommon. If you are looking for a condenser and will be running r134 try and get a multipass condenser, it will be more efficient with the r134. I recall a thread here sometime ago with a part number however my tablet sucks for searching or I'd look it up for you.

Make sure you get the proper hoses with the barrier for r134 if thats what you are using. I suggest one of the vendors here who have the reproduction hoses, they will fit properly. If and when the Canadian dollar bounces back a bit I will be doing the same.
Im looking for that part number now
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/new-ac-compressor.424653/

There are a few threads on AC repair, this one has current information.
WOW! what a thread went round and round ,but good info.Took a paper and pen and took notes to keep up.Still got to read again.

Got my compressor manifold hoses ,and they aren't even close to the right part....4 seasons 55064
Can someone tell me where else to find the hoses?

Go to Highwaystars.net they have a GM licenced set of hoses. You may have to call them to order.

Just swap out the one from your existing compressor. If you need a set of highway stars lines I have a set I will sell for $50 plus shipping. I didn't use because they had a crack in the aluminum line going to the block that bolts to the compressor, get it welded up and you are good to go. I decided to stay with my factory line setup.

Just swap out the one from your existing compressor. If you need a set of highway stars lines I have a set I will sell for $50 plus shipping. I didn't use because they had a crack in the aluminum line going to the block that bolts to the compressor, get it welded up and you are good to go. I decided to stay with my factory line setup.
that sounds good,i know the person who can weld it up for me.
Ill shoot you a pm...thanks.

I couldn't get it to work with the damn adapters that are supplied new with these where it bolts to the compressor. Discussed on a different thread here somewhere. Some guys said the adapters were not needed. Just so you know! Will try to find a pic of the crack.

image.jpg

Here is a pic of the crack.

I couldn't get it to work with the damn adapters that are supplied new with these where it bolts to the compressor. Discussed on a different thread here somewhere. Some guys said the adapters were not needed. Just so you know! Will try to find a pic of the crack.
was the crack there before you installed?
Or during?

Back