Upgrading to an LT1 alternator

I put one on mine with no problems and got mine from Advance Auto and only thing I had to do was ream the terminal for the battery post a little , been working great with no volt booster .

I have the same problem with mine. What did you use to do it? I figure a drill at very low/just turning would do it. But I can't drive my GN anyway so yeah. But other than that slight issue it was a bolt in as already said.

I have the same problem with mine. What did you use to do it? I figure a drill at very low/just turning would do it. But I can't drive my GN anyway so yeah. But other than that slight issue it was a bolt in as already said.

I used a high speed zizs wheel with a cone shaped cutter and held it with vice grips

So the LT1 new replacement I got from o'reilly is a no-go. The two ears on the alternator housing are fine, but the back of the case is completely different. The mounting hole on the rear was in a completely different place, plus there is another hole in the rear of the original that I had mounted the fuses for the RT double-pumper wiring. Not there on the LT1 unit from o'reilly. Oh well, I'll take the original with me on the next trip to the parts store. Just posting info for future referenc.