You can type here any text you want

upper control arms removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackdeathtrap

smoking six barrel
just wondering before i try today if my cars on jack stand with front stands sitting under front shocks can i safely remove my upp control arms

Never put the stands under the arms. It's not the most stable place to put them. Put them on the frame. The shocks will hold the lowers in place by themselves. Loosen the upper ball joint nut but don't remove it. Either use a ball joint sepperater or a heavy hammer to break the joint loose. Then put the jack under the lower arm and jack it up until the upper joint is loose. Take the nut off the ball joint and you can get it off the knuckle. Then loosen the 2 nuts that hold the arm on the frame, keeping the shims together per bolt so you can put them back in where they came from.

by the time you posted this i already had the upper off actualy and i left the jack stand were i had it cars stable there its been sitting like that for a few days the back ones are sitting on the frame front under shock worked just fine that is a tight squezze to get them off

Back