Upper Dash Screws

HotAirWH1

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Well, I did it again. I hate getting old. Lost / misplaced the Upper Dash screws (the 5 - standard hex head with torx drive screw) for the plastic panel covering the speakers. Could someone tell me the size and length of the screws so I can hunt them down or have some extra laying around they would like to sell. Thx for any help.

those babies are hard to find I have a few will take a pic for you and measure but I couldn't find any sort of replacement for the oem
found some on evil bay for a pretty penny

IMG_2387.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2386.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2385.JPG
    IMG_2385.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 29
1/4 " head yes, I don't know on torx sizes I just put whatever fits in it , idont even think my torx bits have numbers I got them from a bum who sells tools outside of harbor freight LMAO

I'v been all over the internet and searched all the screw joints and can't find this animal. You'd think with all the G-Body's built these things would be laying around everywhere. Their probably hanging out with the ones I lost :rolleyes:

I'v been all over the internet and searched all the screw joints and can't find this animal. You'd think with all the G-Body's built these things would be laying around everywhere. Their probably hanging out with the ones I lost :rolleyes:
oooohhh no my friend like I said another stupid rare piece of hardware on these cars

The search continues. Probably should just buy a parts car. I'm sure my wife would be pleased.

Came across these. They are not OEM, but may have to do for now until Buckshot finds his. The glass is out of the car right now and the upper dash is easily accessible for installing. Ounce the glass goes in it's going to be a pain in the ass to replace the screws so I just as soon put the right ones in in the first place. I'm still pursuing the correct screw's ( need 9 - includes mounting the speakers). The only thing I'm worried about on these replacement screws is the thread count (18 per inch) not knowing what the OEM's are. If I install them and then replace them later am I going to screw things up ??? Pardon the pun......
#8 Standard Head w Torx Drive Screw.JPG

Au-Veco will have the screws your looking for, the only issue, is you have to buy them thru a distributor, check they’re website for a dealer local to you, they have just about every, bolt, clip or screw needed for our cars.

I check in my garage last night where I thought the screws would be, a no go ! I still have another area I need to check as well ??

they are not bad to install with glass in just need a swivel on socket