Using Accel Gen 6 DFI w/Siemens 55lb injectors. Would VIC help in tuning or not?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Just curious as I have been reading about drivers burning out in the dfi with low impedance injectors. I was just curious, if I found a VIC at a good price if this would help the tunability of the car and prevent any problems from occuring?

Scott

There are people I have heard say otherwise but here's the technical details as I understand them.

The DFI 6.0 unit has 4 4amp drivers and runs the injectors paired (using 3 of the drivers) the drivers used are peak and hold and are DESIGNED for low impedance injectors.

I had a DFI for a few years (with 55's) and it ran flawlessly. Many of my friends ran the same combo, with no troubles.
(I never did cure my occaisional tip-in stumble tho)

I have heard of IAC circuits dying in the DFI's once in a while, but not the injector drivers.

The VIC would only help if you have a cylinder balance problem. If you are trying to solve a cylinder balance issue, you will need some way to determine the imbalance, which is a bigger problem.

So, IMO, skip the VIC.

Bob

You dont need the VIC.

TurboBob is right. With a batchfire unit there is only one driver for 2 injectors, which is why they fire at every 360 degrees.

Once you start using 70 lb/hr injectors or bigger the VIC becomes useful. It has one driver per injector.

The fuel map on the DFI will take a little time to get all of the little hiccups out of it. That is only because there are variances between two cells in the map that the ECM cant keep up with.
For instance, one cell reads 55 the next one reads 75, the ECM cant make the jump between the two cells and the motor has a "hiccup" .

So in short, is this problem fixable by tuning, or will it be constant? I am not sure I am understanding the problem. Too technical for me. Just jumping in the world of DFI now. Just wanna make sure I can get rid of that "hiccup" with proper tuning.
A quick added question here. Would you run your DFI in open or closed loop once you get your parameters set?
Scott

Proper tuning will fix it.

What you need to do is take the car for a drive with the laptop hooked up. The cursor will jump around to the fuel cell it is referencing as you are driving it.

Find the cell where the car is rough and then smooth out the numbers between the four cells surrounding it. That is how you "smooth it out ". Its all in the numbers, the smoother the transition is the better the car runs,

Hope that helps