You can type here any text you want

Using stock wg solenoid w/ FAST?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbosam6

My cars suck
When I go to a FAST system, does the wg solenoid do anything anymore? Should I just ditch it, or what? What should I use, or should I just hook it up "tuner style"? Thanks!

Yeah, the solenoid will not operate anymore. You can hook it up "tuner" style, or you can use an aftermarket controller. I use the Boost Command from Ramchargers with 2 solenoids. I get about a 12psi spread from lowest setting to highest setting. Works good.

Regards,
Eric

Thats what I figured, thanks. I don't like the bstc, I had one and could never get it right. Makes me nervous to have my boost controlled by something electronic. How bad will my spoolup suffer w/o my solenoid? Is there a spoolup feature in the FAST program?

You are contradicting yourself. When your stock wastegate solenoid was hooked up, working properly it is controlled electronically by the factory ecm, not very well either. I know of a bunch of people with Innovative Turbo's MSBC working flawlessly. Even know of one on a low 8 second, 1300 HP Buick that works without a problem. It does have to be hooked up properly and you really need to understand how it works. If you are using the stock wastegate actuator then there is alot of other things in the system that have to be working properly for it to control the boost. As for the spooling question, your car will just have to be tuned properly for it to spool as well as it can. There are alot of tuning tricks with the FAST that help spool up, you will have to find a good tuner.

Thats true, but I've never had a problem with the factory ecm and boost control. I'm still using the stock style wastegate, so I'll probably just hook it up tuner style. Thanks

Back