You can type here any text you want

V-6 with third pulley.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dmarx

OK folks, what is the third pulley on the front of this engine? Is it an alternator mounting bracket, or perhaps an idler pulley?
Dan
dlmarx@bellsouth.net

Attachments

• 231 on ebay.jpg
    231 on ebay.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 150
Hard to say without knowing where the alternator will be. If there won't be alternator on the front, then I would say it's a tensioner pulley since the crank pull and water pump pulley are not adjustable.

It's a tension pulley for sure, But from what? I'm 100% that's not a GM part, I'd bet it was sourced or fabbed up when that engine is swapped into a different chassis. That part would never be used on any OEM setup especially with v belts, if it was a serpentine belt pulley... well that that's a different story.

It's a tension pulley for sure, But from what? I'm 100% that's not a GM part, I'd bet it was sourced or fabbed up when that engine is swapped into a different chassis. That part would never be used on any OEM setup especially with v belts, if it was a serpentine belt pulley... well that that's a different story.

Yep, not a factory part. Looks like and aftermarket AC set up that was put on it.

I emailed the owner and he doesn't remember what it is for. he has had the engine for 15 years. This engine is on ebay.
Dan

that engine is on ebay. i think its so you can use the toyota drives. not a factory part.

Back