You can type here any text you want

v belts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
What lengh is the v belt that goes around the a/c pump to alternater to water pump to crank?

I dont have the smog pump installed anymore.

58" Jim, from what I checked. Where the heck have you been hiding?

Been around, bought an 87 Gn last winter and been messing with that. Went to Auto Zone earlier today and picked up a 58 inch belt worked perfect.

Finally got the a/c working in the hot air Cutlass. The compressor is crap thou seizes up after it starts cooling and starts working again and vice versa. Now it is working again no hitches. Weird:o

Used pag oil medium viscosity flushed the system with flush and dry shop air,vaccum it down for about 30 min. Fed it some pag oil with the vacuum.

It was a compressor i had laying around so when it goes complete ill replace it. i have a jug of 134 so it will back to the drawing board. Never had these weird problems with r12 and mineral oil.

Glad I could help you out on it Jim.

As far as the compressor siezing up, what kind of pressures are you deeing on the high and low side?

That's about right Jim. Most of the time the compressor locks up it for pressure issues. I'll do a little research and see what I can find out for ya.

That's about right Jim. Most of the time the compressor locks up it for pressure issues. I'll do a little research and see what I can find out for ya.

The compressor is junk. Now that i remember it did the same thing in my chevy caprice. That is why i removed it a few years ago;):eek:

Back