You can type here any text you want

v6 3800 SC Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kostab

Hey guys just had some questions on the Buick Riviera (1998) that i have purchases recently. I've always been a Cadillac guy but latley ive been getting into Buicks & the 3800 Series.

So i just picked up a 98 Riviera SC my question is, Is Turbo Better or SC Better ive been reading a couple things that these 3800 engines are capable to 500hp+ with no problem. Can anyone help me out or link me to some posts that will explain the engine to me more in depth so i can understand these engines and what they are capable of. What engines mods should i do to make this a powerfull engine pushing alot of horse power.

Thanks for the help

apprecaite it

kosta-B

So would it be better to keep my buick 3800 motor supercharged or should i turbo it? First of all can it even be turboed

I think what people are saying by posting links to the other sites is that you are really asking questions on the wrong site. Look around the suggested sites and get a better feel for what your dealing with. Start slow with upgrading the basics (suggested intake/exhaust) before thinking about getting crazy with it.
This site is primarily for enthusiasts of cars that are 10+ years older than yours.
Good luck.

I would just stick with the SC and leave it at that.
you should have made this thread in the 3800 SC section or a W body site but Some of use do own or know how to get these things moving:cool:

Just take a look around the links i posted, Always on any Force induction car open up the exhaust first. Then intake before adding any pully or more boost. You could do the package deals some of those sites have, great deal IMHO. Some kits come with a smaller pulley and you will just stack boost with stock exhaust, so upgrade your exhaust before. It also depends on how much you want to invest in the car, I wouldn't put no more then 1,000 in a SC 3800 but that's just me.

Back