You can type here any text you want

V8 GN passes-Bowling Green 2009

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Here are 2 vids out of 4 passes at BG 2009. Thanks to motorized scooter stuntman:biggrin: Nelson Febus for the footage.

1st pass- 18 psi total. 0 launch boost. Didnt go WOT till it spun.

2nd pass- 20 psi total. 5 psi boost. 1.65 60ft:redface: 129 MPH 1/8 mi

Cal had a great handle on all aspects of the tune on this car. He made it very easy to sneak on the ET's. Easy boost and timing.. didnt have a need to kill it for a race so we took it easy.:cool: Also thanks to Don Palumbo for being my pit crew and Dusty for giving me some important pointers and looking the AMS over.

Every pass we were going faster and faster. Im confident that in 3 more passes the car would have been in the very low 8s.

Looks like a show car/Race car. Car is super clean. Very kool.

On that 8.96 pass it looked like you came out like you were driving miss daisy to the Piggly Wiggly!:D Very soft passes, it should fly when you decide to turn her up!:cool:

On that 8.96 pass it looked like you came out like you were driving miss daisy to the Piggly Wiggly!:D Very soft passes, it should fly when you decide to turn her up!:cool:

LOL.. the soft part you see are the effects of a 30 in tall tire and 3.25 gears with a 1.80 1st glide. Well have to get fairly aggressive with it to get the 60 fts down. But the aggressive part should come in the boost rate-curve. Gotta put more boost in, much faster. This combo should be very forgiving on a marginal track.

That is one of the only Non-LC2 Gns that I admire. Nice Job Louie!! Keep us posted.

LOL.. the soft part you see are the effects of a 30 in tall tire and 3.25 gears with a 1.80 1st glide. Well have to get fairly aggressive with it to get the 60 fts down. But the aggressive part should come in the boost rate-curve. Gotta put more boost in, much faster. This combo should be very forgiving on a marginal track.

Nothing a 4600 12# launch won't fix:biggrin:

The first pass was LL's Supra Tribute Pass.
The second was all GN.

Louie, How fast was your car with the v6 in it , and how many years ago??Mike:cool:

Louie, How fast was your car with the v6 in it , and how many years ago??Mike:cool:

9.90s in 2002 stock block? 9.20s in 2006 with S2? I know not much faster than the V6..lol:redface: but hopefully it will be soon.

Back