Vac Leak Question, (Might be thinking to hard on this one)

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
Heater controls inside the car are run off engine vacuum correct? So what if your heater controls were leaking......would this cause a loss in engine vacuum? Ive been replacing a lot of my vacuum lines in the ttype and still only have 10 or 11 inches of vacuum hot in gear. Just thinking............any thoughts on this? Thanks

Might be thinking too hard on this one

Yeah, that might be a reach. Does it rough idle? What cam did you go with? That could contribute to the low vacuum; if too radical, then you might be chasing a unattainable goal because it'll never be higher. How is it in park? I have 19-20 in park on stock cam.

10 or 11" is pretty low, and I'd think it take more than a leaky heater vacume line to cause that. More like a really bad egr valve, or really bad pcv valve. Even with a fairly serious cam, = to or greater than 14" normal. How steady is the vac reading? Have you taken readings from several different vac lines?
It seems you have the stock Cam?
How does the car run?

I have about 10"to11" at idle.I have a big cam so I think that is why mine is low.
Do you have a stock cam or a big cam?

Car is damn near stock guys. Motors never been opened up. If I remember correctly, the TType has about 15 or 16 inches in PARK. My GN has 13 or 14 hot in gear, and my ttype has 10-12. The needle moves around a little, not eratic or pulsing or anything. Just depends on engine RPM.

Today......I did a WOT run.........14psi in 1st gear, 15psi in 2nd gear, 16psi in 3rd gear. LAST TIME I WENT TO THE TRACK THIS CAR HAD NO CREEP!!!!!! Does a vac leak cause CREEP? This car used to have SOLID boost, if not lose a pound in 3rd gear.

Anyhow, EGR has a new gasket, and I have the power plate, so the EGR is blocked off. PCV is a stock delco, but I have a check valve coming for it. Most of the vac lines are brand new! Even the hoses on the vac pod. Thanks for the replys.....any other ideas?

If you think it is an external vacuum leak, start by removing and plugging the port of each vacuum line at the plenium. If you get one that gives higher vacuum when plugged, trace that one down. The PCV vaccuum line is the only one that should give a higher vacuum when plugged. my .02

Mine's got a vacuum leak in the heater control system.I just turn off the controls and the BLM and Integrators jump right back into line.You might have a vacuum leak in the ball under the driver's fender.I f you've got a vacuum pump,you could check that as well.Maybe the EGR valve is leaking at the diaphragm?Mine's got that too.Just disconnected and plugged.