You can type here any text you want

Vac Line

• Thread starter Thread starter mark p. liner
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
M

mark p. liner

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT VAC. LINE GOES TO THE FUEL REG. FROM START TO FINISH, AND DOES ANYTHING SPLICE IN THE LINE?THE GUY WHO PUT MY ENGINE IN HAS IT GOING TO THE VAC. BLOCK ON TOP OF T.B. AT ONE TIME I HAD A BOOST GUAGE HOOKED UP TO VAC. LINE JUST AHEAD OF FUEL REG. AND IT WORKED FINE.I SET THE GUAGE UP THE SAME WAY, AND IT WILL READ NO BOOST.I THINK I UNDERSTAND WHY. THE VAC. BLOCK WILL NEVER SHOW BOOST BECAUSE ONLY THE INTAKE AND TURBO GET PRESSURIZED. IM I CLOSE?I REMEMBER THERE IS A VAC. PORT ON INTAKE, JUST UNDER TURBO. MABY THIS IS WHERE I NEED TO HOOK TO. JUST A GUESS.PLEASE HELP.AND WHO CAN I SEND MY INJECTORS TO HAVE THEM CHECKED OUT? I DONT KNOW WHAT SIZE THAY ARE.ALL I KNOW IS THAY HAVE A THIN GREEN STRIPE, WITH NO WORDS ONLY SOME WHITE NUMBERS AND LETTERS.THAY LOOK LIKE THE 42.5'S ON GNTTYPE.ORG.NOT AT ALL LIKE THE 30#HOW MANY HAVE A GREEN STRIPE.I HOPE ITS ONLY TWO,IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE THE 42.5'S. THANKS :)

I had the same problem as you...the owner before me put the FP reg vac line into the Vac block...and I realized because of this the FP wasnt Rising with boost!

here is the stock way....a small section of vac line comes off the FP Reg, and then enters a solid black vac line (looks like the metal line for the EGR) That Metal Black line runs under the turbo, and then makes a 90* bend at the back of the intake..after that there should be another rubber peice of vac line that goes from the metal vac line, and then the other side goes onto a nipple/port on the back of the intake.

Just take your time trying to get the piece of vac line on that little port in the intake..it can be hard because of the spot it is in...for some people its easy..for others its hard!

HTH

I made a "T" connection there at the back of the intake....the line continues on to the pass side fender area...where the MAP sensor is located.

Must connect there also.

There is a plugged port (1/8 in. npt) in the intake. Directly behind the fuel reg. on the vertical part of the intake, to the driver side of center line. This is an excelent port to get your boost signal from as it only takes about 6-8 in. of hose. Yes you can get your boost gage signal there, but be careful of tying to many lines into it. I only use it for fuel reg. BE SURE TO CABLE TIE ALL PRESSURE LINES. Good Luck

lee's right ,that's the best spot to hook up your fuel regulator and your boost gauge.

give us the #'s off of one of your injectors.unfortunately,there are 2 different "green stripe" injectors.one is ~30#,the other is ~42#.they can only be identified by the #'s on the side of the injector.

hope this helps.

later,sean

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES, I BELEAVE I CAN SEE THE PORT BEHIND THE FUEL REGULATOR,HOWEVER I HAD MY INTAKE JET HOT COATED AND IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE BOLT.PLUS IT LOOKS LIKE ON THIS INTAKE(MY ORIGINAL INTAKE WAS SCARRED AROUND GOOSE NECK)THERE IS NO BOLT IN THE PORT, ONLY WHERE THAY STARTED TO DRILL A HOLE AND DID NOT TAP IT. ALL MY OTHER THREADS WERE VISIBLE SO I KNOW THE COATING DID NOT COVER THEM.MY OLD INTAKE HAS THE HEX BOLT IN THIS LOCATION.GO FIGURE?THE # ON THE INJECTORS ARE D1720AA ON TWO OF THEM AND 5207009 ON THE OTHER ONE.MABY THESE #'S ARE ON ALL OF THEM ON DIFFERENT SIDES,BUT I CAN ONLY SEE THE #'S ON THE DRIVERS SIDE.AND I CANT SEE BOTH SIDES ON ANY INJECTOR,I HOPE THIS IS WHY THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT #'S.THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP.

THANKS SEAN, NOT WHAT I HOPED BUT AT LEAST I HAVE THE RIGHT CHIP.:)

Back