You can type here any text you want

Vaccum lines

• Thread starter Thread starter pjhaun
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
P

pjhaun

I have a 1974 914 Porsche with a 1980 Buick Regal V6. I just bought a 1979 Turbo set-up. I looking at the B4 website about the vaccum lines. Is there a simpler way to hook up the Vaccum lines? Seeings I do not have 99% of that stuff?
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.

The important thing is the PEVR for the power valve in the carb. I would keep the PCV as well. And, of course, the distributor's vacuum advance.

The rest can probably be removed. Don't run the vacuum line from the carb to wastegate actuator, but make sure you have the pressure line installed (from the turbo compressor foot - not pictured)

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/vac79abfed.JPG

Rich:
On your web site in looking at the diagram of the vaccum lines ; I see that the PEVR has a line to the carburator and the other line goes where? Its kind of hard to figure out with all thoughs lines interchangeing. Also looking at your page with the intake manifold. what is item A (check valve) For? On my intake manifold I do not have the EGR Manifold. Where would be a go place to get one? On the out side of the plenum there is two bosses for mounting brackets. Where do they go? Or is there some place I could get the originals. With this set up how much clearance is there between the carburator plenum and the valve cover?
The problem with detonation; I was thinking about getting a MSD 6 BTM Boost Timing Master. Do you think that would work OK?
Thank You Very Much For Your Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, Wa.
http://members.rennlist.com/bluethunder/

On your web site in looking at the diagram of the vaccum lines ; I see that the PEVR has a line to the carburator and the other line goes where?
The power valve in the carb is normal plumbed internally to vacuum. On a draw-thru boosted motor, it needs to be referenced to post turbo vacuum/pressure (when the intake is under pressure and the PV should be open, the carb before the turbo sees vacuum, which holds the power vavle closed causing a lean condition). There is a line coming from and another returning to the carb (plus a bunch of side pathes T'd into it).

Also looking at your page with the intake manifold. what is item A (check valve) For?
It's part of the AIR system (smog pump). It's where the air gets pumped into (instead of at the exhaust manifolds like on a chevy).

On my intake manifold I do not have the EGR Manifold. Where would be a go place to get one?
Finding a used one is your only option. You may not need the EGR and could block it off.

On the out side of the plenum there is two bosses for mounting brackets. Where do they go? Or is there some place I could get the originals.
The bracket go down to the top exhaust manifold bolts. There is another at the back of the plenum that hold the throttle/trasnmission cables. Used is your only option.

With this set up how much clearance is there between the carburator plenum and the valve cover?
Quarter inch. No room for most afteramrket covers.

The problem with detonation; I was thinking about getting a MSD 6 BTM Boost Timing Master. Do you think that would work OK?
Good Idea, but you should still run the ESC (knock sensor) if you can.

http://members.rennlist.com/bluethunder/
Neat car! :)

Back