You can type here any text you want

vacuum brake decision

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I think you will find that the vacuum set up is much easier to work on and cheaper to fix if necessary. That Powermaster was always breaking down. I changed it twice before converting to vacuum.

Mine work ok and have never failed since the conversion, but are not what I would consider top notch. They at least work as well as the Powermaster set up. Others on forum have reported great success with the conversion.

Your wallet will like it.

I just reread your post. You have already made the decision and are wanting a place to do the job. Can't help you there, as I did the work myself. Others will chime in with their opinions.

Autozone?

Just look up the part numbers, and order them. I just got my parts this week, and it cost me $166 (still have to get the pedal), and when ordered online comes with a $15 gift card :D

converting to vacuum brakes wondering what company is recommended.thanks

You need to order a dual diaphram vacuum booster and master cylinder for a non-turbo 87 Regal. Actually, all G-bodies have the same set-up except some Montes use a single diaphram booster. Order a pedal from Gbodyparts.com

Back