You can type here any text you want

Vacuum brake ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
the pedal pressure felt like it was slightly harder. but it was not spongy at all --is the best way to explain it. the amount of travel was about 3/4 to the floor with the 7/8'' at full breaking and about 1/2 pedal with the 1-1/8 and not spongy at all, hope this helps.

I would like to know if anyone could tell me what is the best way to go on changing my stock 1985 Buick Regal T-Type to vaccum brakes? What types of vehicles can you go with? Not may of these around an this powermaster brake systems sucks.Lots of troubles going on with this.You get the thing going.Drive a hour and the dang thing blows a fuse and leves a puddle of fluid.I would like to be done with this system. PLEASE HELP! :)

There are threads on here about the hydroboost(the system on the 84 and early.85 turbo regals).
The vacuum set up requires changing the pedal to a vacuum pedal.
If you use the search function you will bring up lots of info on swaps. I'll see what I can dig up for links.
I do know in addition to a modified or swapped pedal you will need a booster and master cylinder. These can come from your local auto parts purveyor or else where. As above, just order parts for an 88 monte Carlo super sport. The pedal can be found at a recycler, one of the sellers here or by modifying your stock pedal.

Rich

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Thanks so much for the info.Shawn is this a vaccum system or like the one thats on my car?
It's actually the brake system that was used on your TR if the Powermaster was not ordered from factory (PM was an option is 85 standard option in 86/87). It was used on all 84 TT and GN.

Back