You can type here any text you want

Vacuum pump installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Well my lack of track time , has left me with spare time to mess with the car. So I installed
a Moroso three vane vacuum pump on the car.

Now I got to get it up to the track. So I can dial in the Alky
, check out the knock detector . And see if the Vacuum pump helps.

I hope this will be my ticket into the 12's.

I hope it's your ticket in to the 12's too.... :D
I got to drive mine yesterday with the bad turbo seals....man was there a LOT of smoke.(didn't get into boost) The engine hardly moves with the new mounts...poly's. If you didn't have them I think that they are a good investment when it comes time to change yours out.
Jim

Well I hooked up the vacuum gauge today at break time . The Vacuum pump pull 10" of vacuum at 2500 rpm's. That little pump moves allot of air.

I might be the first one too implode a engine instead of explode a engine. :)

Hey Fred...how's the vac pump working? They're usually used in Comp cars with wet sump oiling and low tension rings. Do you have it exhausting into some kind of puke can or oil recirculating reservoir? GB

Yea, I have it dumping into a puke tank , No oil in the can yet.:) we'll see how it holds up on the way to and from the track this or next weekend.

Right on I'm running the breather on the intake but at the track I'll seal her up.

Back