You can type here any text you want

Valley pan or no?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trbobuick

Boost addict
Stage 2 engine, aluminum head. the fel pro 1200 intake gaskets or the valley pan? or both?

Aluminum intake to aluminum heads, I would not use a steel gasket. Your stock intake already has an air gap("I think", I've never used a stock intake), so you'd have a hard time gaining anything with a valley pan. I don't use one (valley pan) on my S2, or know anyone that has gained anything in the 1/4 mile with one. I have never run one with stock type heads so, I may be wrong.

Of course they will blow out....if you DO NOT block the pcv!! It will leak pressure into the crankcase under boost forcing oil out. The valley pan will prevent it from sucking in SOME of the oil at idle, when using a 1200 you may get some oil sucked in under idle, but in either case, on a W.O.T. decel. with the convertor locked, you will suck a bunch of oil in through the PCV, causing detonation to come more easily as the inside of the manifold becomes oil coated.
Bill

Bill, You ditch the PCV and just use breathers in the valve covers ?

fel pro 1200

i used a fel-pro 1200 and it leaks oil! try a fel pro 96037 with vally pan and the rubber seal and no oil leak!

Back