Value of a GN with 1000 miles.

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
I came across one in my province for sale. I haven't really been looking for another GN...I've been watching GNXs for the past year or two. ;) Anyways, this car would be sooo easy to scoop without the hassles of importing that it's got me interested.

The problem is I am going to look at it tomorrow and I don't know what the extremely low mile GNs are going for. The ask price is definitely too high but I'd like to leave them with an intelligent number that's fair to both parties over the weekend and then sit on it over the Winter to see if the price moves to something more reasonable.

So can people please provide some useful information on what similar cars have been selling for? No opinions please. I'm looking for real world data if someone has seen one go on eBay or something similar. And no questions about the condition of it. Assume it is mint in every aspect. Any deficiencies I think I can correct for on my own. Thanks for any information.

Options can increase/decrease value, particularly roof options.

There has been a similar car (less than 1K) very near us for sale for at least 2 years...with the price inching down from where the owners began way back when.

Currently (last we heard--August) asking 22K.

Don't know about you, but we'd enjoy having a (decently maintained) GNX with 100K versus a GN with 1K.

HTH :)

Yeah I know about the options. I just don't want to get bogged down in that ATM. And I hear you about the GN vs. GNX. I recall an argument on this board back in the Summer that trailer queen GNs are worth almost as much as GNXs....simply not true. But I have noticed a trend this past Summer of escalating prices on the low mileage GNs. Just trying to collect as much info as possible. Thanks.

BTW, the GN is not a substitute for the GNX. I'm still planning on getting one of them too. This GN is just a carrot dangling a little too close in front of my nose. ;)

I will take a stab at this. I would say 18k to 21k

Locally to me there is one for sale for awile at 24k & has 2k on it.
the guy says it has been in heated storage all its life to which it probably is true.

Its worth as much as someone wants to pay for it. What is a 1000 mile GN worth to you? Remember, IF you drive it, (which in my opinion you should), factor in the costs of replacing a lot of parts that go bad after a short period of driving. I dont see what all the hype is about on the "low mile" cars. If you plan on putting it in the garage and never driving it, go for it. You can show everyone what a pretty museum piece you have.

Just my .02, dont get mad. :eek:

Assuming a hardtop perfect condition, optioned as the buyer wants, with no rust anywhere, spotlessly clean, and having been in a climate controlled storage building all of it's life, I think that it would bring $ 26 K in Ca. Bone stock (no modifications).
Example: The one entered on E-bay about a year ago with 250 approximate miles on it sold by one Rich S was bought for $ 25 K by someone in Ca. It was only bid at about $ 20 K at the time with about 3 or 4 days remaining on the auction when someone stopped the clock with an offer of $ 25 K from Ca.
Another very similar one about 2 months ago was bid at about the same amount when the auction ended, with several days left on the auction. The owner did not release any details on that one.
If anybody knows of one considerably less meeting the above criterion (criteria ?), e-mail me please.
BTW, we're talking USD here.
I apologize for the long post/response.

Thanks for the info guys. Low $20,000s USD was the number I had in mind also. With the current exchange rate the ask price works out to around $30,500 USD. That's solidly into GNX territory, and over five grand more than I paid for my 1 of 15 cloth/hardtop TTA. I just wanted to confirm that it was too high unless something had significantly changed since this past Summer. Keep any info coming please.

teranfon - No this isn't Joe's or Bordings or whoever's car. That car works out to $21,300 USD...right in the ballpark I am getting here. :)

8UWITH6 - I do plan on putting it up on a lift in my garage and not driving it...or at least rarely. I have a clean 29K mile hardtop GN that traps 118 with bolt ons that I play with on the street. ;) I like showing people my museum...errr....garage.

About two months ago I paid $21,500 US for a 316 actual mile high option 87 GN.

Plus the car was not 100% mint,it was not stored correctly.

Originally posted by:
Ray Ackerman:
"About two months ago I paid $21,500 US for a 316 actual mile high option 87 GN."

"Plus the car was not 100% mint,it was not stored correctly."

By any chance was that car out of Southern Ca.?
316 miles sure rings a bell.

I am also interested in knowing what they did or did not do?

The car was out of Mass. I bought the car from a board member 1987GN.

The car was "not" in a climate controled enviroment.Or it sat outside for some time when it was being sold through an estate after the original owner pasted away.Most of the suspenion parts had rust on them plus the aluminum parts under the hood had oxidation on them etc. The rest of the car is mint.

I just had the undercarriage detailed by my friends at Gran Sport Auto in Canada. "Diabo Brothers" By the way the undercarriage is mint now,better then factory...

Maybe I'll post some pic's.

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Yeah COME on OLE RAY.

Tell us how proper storage should be.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Two words "Climate Controled". Not just in a garage with a car cover over it. True humidity and temperature controled.Oh by the way floresent lights will over time peel/crack paint.

Originally posted by Ray Ackerman
The car was out of Mass. I bought the car from a board member 1987GN.

The car was "not" in a climate controled enviroment.Or it sat outside for some time when it was being sold through an estate after the original owner pasted away.Most of the suspenion parts had rust on them plus the aluminum parts under the hood had oxidation on them etc. The rest of the car is mint.

I just had the undercarriage detailed by my friends at Gran Sport Auto in Canada. "Diabo Brothers" By the way the undercarriage is mint now,better then factory...

Maybe I'll post some pic's.

Hope this link works http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/raymond102/lst?.dir=/My+Photos

Wow?

You guys can keep your garage queens. Ill stick to driving and enjoying vs keeping them in a garage to be wasted. Climate controlled *laughs*.

Re: Wow?

Originally posted by 8UWITH6
You guys can keep your garage queens. Ill stick to driving and enjoying vs keeping them in a garage to be wasted. Climate controlled *laughs*.

Garage Queen??? I was talking about the original owner. My 87GN with just over 400 miles now,I'll be at Bradenton Race way with it in a few weeks driving it like i stole it!! All my cars are driven.I've had quite a few of my new cars running down the 1/4 mile with the new dealer plates on them.

Hmmmm I'll add a pic of my 2001 blown Bullitt with just over 1000 miles with the front wheels off the ground. My point is my cars are "CLEAN" and driven....