Valve Spring compression tool in the San diego area?

kirbdawg69

I hate my sceen name :(
Anyone have a spring Compression tool I can borrow for a weekend? Still need to buy the springs and figure out when I'm going to do them...

Or does anyone in the San diego area want to go in half for the tool if anyone else was planning on doing their springs?

I used a homemade one made by Donnie Wang. I'll go half with you if it's the right type.

I just didn't want to shell the full amount of money out if I see myself using it once...

You can make one with an old rocker, peace of pipe. Socket welded on.cheap an easy.

Attachments

• 1435330785154.jpg
    1435330785154.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 1435330833475.jpg
    1435330833475.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 127
yeah I wanted to make my own but I dont have an old rocker and my welder and most my tools are in storage right now. I may be moving in the next 3 weeks to a place that has a small shop so I can go get that stuff and bust it all back out..

Well ,when your ready hit me up an I'll make one for you to use.

That's awesome! I'm out shopping for a new rental house today and once I move I'll be ready. Sucks storing my car at someone else at the moment.

yeah I wanted to make my own but I dont have an old rocker and my welder and most my tools are in storage right now. I may be moving in the next 3 weeks to a place that has a small shop so I can go get that stuff and bust it all back out..

Kirb: I have that tool you're looking for. It's from a turbo parts co. You're welcome to come to my house, look, see and buy at a good price. I live in San Diego. EM me: patfiero@aol.com for directions.

Give me a call Kirb. Sent you a pm Monday night.

I made one that you can have just like the Cottons one. Hell, I might even deliver it just so I can boost up the mountain :).

Really simple to make one out of a rocker and 2' length of rebar, and use a old rocker shaft.

valve spring tool.jpg

fingerprints, and chrome you guys crack me up! Eric are you busy this weekend? I will be moving to IB but it shouldnt take me long as most of my stuff is in storage.

Anyone have a spring Compression tool I can borrow for a weekend? Still need to buy the springs and figure out when I'm going to do them...

Or does anyone in the San diego area want to go in half for the tool if anyone else was planning on doing their springs?

I have one, never used (new), and is specific to 86/87 turbos. I live in San Diego. e-mail or call me.