You can type here any text you want

Valve spring shims ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

Where can one buy the correct valve spring shims for stock heads ? If it matters I am going to be either using Cottons 980's or Kirbans LT1 springs. Thanks, Kyle.

Sounds like they're the right ones….I just measured a spare set of valve springs that I'm planning on installing this year….they are 1.229" OD x 0.875" ID.

Don't forget that if you use the original factory spring dampers that they will add an additional 0.040" & will increase spring rates by a few more pounds.

Sounds like they're the right ones….I just measured a spare set of valve springs that I'm planning on installing this year….they are 1.229" OD x 0.875" ID.

Don't forget that if you use the original factory spring dampers that they will add an additional 0.040" & will increase spring rates by a few more pounds.

Thanks for the help, Kyle

I though if one replace the spring you don't need to use the original spring dampers, or am I missing something?

If you know a local machine shop. They should sell you the thickness you need. But you need to measure first ofcourse..:)
Stock iron heads 1.700" closed.

I though if one replace the spring you don't need to use the original spring dampers, or am I missing something?

I put them back in my heads when I did springs, but I went with 75lb springs since I stayed FT cam, so I figured I'd make sure they were all of 75lbs installed.

Back