valve springs

turbojitsu85

I was thining that since they have about 63,000 miles on them and I am going to be doing alot of other work to the car soon (new turbo, alky kit, stall) that I might want to replace the valve springs. whats a good set going to run me and where can I get them. Thanks for even more help guys.:)

Valve springs....

Check with Kirban's Performance....they offer a nice valve spring and valve spring removal tool package for $68.

HTH...Bill

Comp Cams #980-12 is the spring of choice for most people, verified to have the right seat pressure for our motors. Most people run them without the stock spring cups. They're about $40 from Summit, if I remember right.

P.S. -- I have a valve spring installation tool available for sale if anyone's interested. Bought it from John's Performance and used it once, a great tool and identical to the Kirban tool. It's $42 new and I'll sell it for $25 shipped, with instructions. Here's a pic:

http://secure.johnsperformance.com/images/large/large-springtool.jpg

Matt. interested in your valve spring tool. Drop me an e-mail as to where & how to send money. Thanks TAZ

I Emailed Matt last night at 10:53. He said that it was sold to me. He can verify my Email. I have his address, city and zip. I told him he'd get a Postal Money Order. I'm in LA.

Sorry for any confusion.

Hey Robert,
I wasn't gonna do it for a while. What say we get together and do them at the same time? It won't cost you anything except a drive. Maybe a bad idea, because I haven't done it before.

Or if you want to do it before about 90 days...maybe you can get it and then sell it to me when you're done.

If you want to do it in the next couple of weeks, you can have it. But we better get it straight with Matt, so he knows who is going to get the tool.

Post if you need it fast. Then we can decide.

Then we can just Email each other afterwards, so we don't mess up the tech board.

Robert, GNX is right, we sealed the deal as of last night. At least it's staying the neighborhood (I'm in Bakersfield). Heck, who knows, maybe it'll find it's way back to me in a couple years!;)

Originally posted by Robert
GNX I'm not in any big hurry, let's just keep in touch & go from there OK? TAZ

Hey Taz, I owe you, I can make another one for you if you want. Will NOT be chrome plated like mine!

Hi Nick, well, I'd be a real dummy to turn down that offer :p & there is no hurry. I've still got plenty of other stuff going to keep me busy Thanks TAZ