You can type here any text you want

Valve timing - Overlap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Interesting comment on the valve timing. This is probably only from vac to boost since timing is variable.

Watch "EN | Bosch Advanced PFI" on YouTube

Nice video jerryl, I really like the cut away view of the engine in action. We went to a little motorcycle show at a local airport a few weeks back and inside the one hanger they restore old military aircraft and they had a bunch of these badass aircraft cut aways of various engines and trnsmissions and what not. I lost all interest in the bike show at that point.

I would have as well.
The video is very well done. The terminology is on point as expected. Lol. There are some great videos from Bosh explaining turbo charging and current tech used.

Did you get to see the roller cam drums in a radial engine? I use to build them and I always thought it was cool technology for 1930-39. Not to mention the V-12's of the era. (Built them, too.). I remember looking at my first radial and wonder how in the hell did the crankshaft work???????????

Here is a radial engine cutaway. Thanks Jerryl for posting that. Is your hot air car in the tens yet? Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp Cutaway:

Did you get to see the roller cam drums in a radial engine? I use to build them and I always thought it was cool technology for 1930-39. Not to mention the V-12's of the era. (Built them, too.). I remember looking at my first radial and wonder how in the hell did the crankshaft work???????????
I saw a bunch of really cool looking stuff inside one of those engines not really understanding what I was seeing. Just made me want to tear it down so I could figure it out. Cool that you got to do that I really get into stuff like that.

Cool stuff! I've never seen inside a radial engine like that.

Here is a radial engine cutaway. Thanks Jerryl for posting that. Is your hot air car in the tens yet? Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp Cutaway:
That is just so Badass, I hope that some of the younger guys can understand how smart and skilled that those engineers and machinists were back then to be able to design and build these engines without computers and cnc equipment.....everyone wants and expects there to be an easy button for most everything today......no skills required :(

Back