Valvoline VR1 20w50 racing oil

There are actually 3 versions of VR1 out. One is conventional dino, one is synthetic, and the third is for off road use only. The off road version is dino and the one that's got the most zinc in it and the others are reduced level.;)

There are actually 3 versions of VR1 out. One is conventional dino, one is synthetic, and the third is for off road use only. The off road version is dino and the one that's got the most zinc in it and the others are reduced level

According to the Valvoline website this isnt completely true...the silver bottle VR1 racing oil is dino...the other 2 are synthetic...one of the synthetics isn't for the street...I have run the VR1 Dino Racing Oil 20W-50 for many years in both my cars with no problems...I add a bottle of ZDDP even though I may not need it...

Isn't the off road only version sold only at NAPA?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

According to the Valvoline website this isnt completely true...the silver bottle VR1 racing oil is dino...the other 2 are synthetic...one of the synthetics isn't for the street...I have run the VR1 Dino Racing Oil 20W-50 for many years in both my cars with no problems...I add a bottle of ZDDP even though I may not need it...
I think according to what I read the VR1 does not have the same levels of zinc that oil had in 1987. So I always add ZDDPlus to it.

Who is selling the ZDDP at the best price. On another note, after changing over i seen about a 5-8 more psi on start up and around 5 psi after it's at running temp. Seems to be good to go.