You can type here any text you want

Very close but need a few pointers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UR50SLO

The Reaper
Craig or Lance or FAST buick tuners.....

We have not had alot of time but.....
We finaly got the white Camaro out down at Morocco.
The first pass was a 12.42@114mph with a 2.08 60'
The second pass was a 12.02@114 with a 1.94 60'

I dialed in the 02 correction and brought the timing advance to about 36deg below 3500rpm.

The third pass was a 11.51@114mph with a 1.53 60'

We are leaving the line with 3lbs of boost (much more it will push through the lights) we are corecting this right now.

We are building max of 14lbs of boost all the way through 3d gear with 94oct. fuel. O2 Correct of .08
15deg of timing at anything above 3500rpm

I have the Air Fuel Ratio set at 12.0 from 4000 up
What is the leanist we can make it? What is the max boost on 100oct with CAS front mount?

What is the max timing we can use with allum. heads and 100oct?

237CID Buick
GN1heads,Stock rods&Crank, BGC Intake CAS front mount in a 1986 base Camaro approx 3200lbs, Bruce Tolle Trans w/3500 converter,9" ford w/3:89 Gear Custom rear susp. .72mm turbo
HD Actuator (I think that's all the important stuff) ;)

It's running great just looking for tips on max timing,fuel ratio ect to make fine adjustments.
Thanks for your help, Scott~

Scott-

Why do you want to run it so lean? If you want to save gas, buy a Honda :-)

Seriously, the best way to find out optimal A/F ratio is to nudge the target A/F up or down to see what happens to the ET. I bet you'll want more like 11.5 : 1, but the only way to tell for certain is by trial & error (maybe someone with a similar combo can give a closer answer, but the final answer will only be determined by your own tuning).

Also, as you're playing, slowly correct the VE tables to eliminate the O2 correction, 8% is a bit more than you want- try for about 3% max if you can (you'll never get it perfect).

If you can get on a dyno and do a few back to back runs, that will give you a good idea, but concensus seems to be that you need about 1/2 point richer on the track than on the dyno.

You can also try the same thing with timing- with 15 degrees, I bet you could gain a bit by turning up the timing a bit, but do it slowly and keep an eye out for knock.

As far as max boost, max timing, etc., just watch your ESC and you'll find out for yourself.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Thanks!

We were having a correction of just under 1% at WOT (.08-2%max)

I'll keep the A/F to 11.8 or so just seems rich..?

I talked with Denis that has a Mustang with a GN powerplant that is built very similar to ours his settings are as follows.

28lbs boost w/c116 fuel.
26deg timing
11.6-11.5 A/F ratio
400TH Trans w/brake
10.21@129mph

Same cam,heads ect hoping we can turn it up tonight at the local track. We should have even brake pressure to help lock up the rear wheel cyl and make more boost before we launch.

Thanks for the help.. I'll try and sneak up on the settings.
Scott~:D

Back