Veteran gets beat-up for spray-painting kid's Mitsubishi Evolution...

Thats what I'm thinking. Then you let him sit in his van until the cops came... bad idea. Can you imagine how that could of ended? Think before you react.

First off, I would NEVER hit an elder unless it was in self defense, protecting a family member, or something of the sort. Key my car all you want, it's just that, a friggen car. That old man was wrong in what he did, so don't get me wrong. Would I be livid? you bet, but, I would not have resort to violence and possibly the risk of going to jail because I blew my cool. Maybe it's a maturity thing for me....Well, I'm sure that's what it is. Aforementioned, the guy possibly had mental issues, or a deep grudge of sort against the Japanese which would explain a lot. If this is the case, the old fella needs some immediate help in dealing with the mental issues he's going through. Sorry for the kids car, but he could have done things diffrently..... I wouln't be surprised if he got charged himself for assault.... Live, and learn.

I don't think the kid will face any charges as the man spit on him and provoked by using racial slurs. I respect my elders, but he went looking for trouble and found it.

I have yet to find a law that will allow you to use battery as a defense to a racial slur. Like it has been said, its just a car. If you beat up the person at fault will that waive your deductible? Maybe your employer will see the video on YouTube and promote you? Well, look at the bright side. The next time he runs into that guy he'll know not to fight him....

Well technically if someone uses racial slurs geared towards you AND spits on you, this is classified as assault. Also can be classified as a hate crime if you include what he spray painted (I couldnt read it) but if it was racial in nature, that would be considered a hate crime. The spit alone lets the kid defend himself in a reasonable manner. If he hit the "veteran" and the veteran tried to hit him back, then the increased physical force can be condonable.

And as Rodney said, not all Veterans are Perfect or Good, just the ones that drive Buicks! Just cause your a veteran it doesnt give you freedom to do whatever you want without consequences. If the vet is mentally disabled or needs help, then thats a different story. But the kid still has a right to defend himself if someone spits on him and he feels threatened.

Veteran or not..he learned not to do that to someone else's car. Him being a veteran has nothing to do with it.

If you are at a cruise or wherever in your buick, and you catch someone attempting to steal it a judge is going to say and rule you have no right to physically hurt the thief and you should call the police and let the car get taken.. I dont think too many people on this site would actually do that though.

If someone is defacing your property, it hurts and some may show restraint. But when you confront them to stop them and they spit in your face, It would take a hell of a lot of self control not to beat the hate out of them.

In California if you caught someone stealing your car and you shoot them or assault them in anyway shape or form you go to jail...

First, I read somewhere today this may have been staged...

Second, the kid had know way to know he was a veteran before he kicked his azz... I agree with the above posts that say the vet was wrong... I probably would have blown a gasket on the dude for damaging my car too...

I don't agree with what either of these two did, but I do have a problem with all the **** coming from overseas. Profits end up overseas, that's the bottom line. Some kid pulls his evo next to my GN while I was in the store and and when I returened he asked how fast it was, I told him I would give him a head start to get that **** away from my car. I parked way out in the parking lot to avoid problems. The way this country is going , kids should be buying American cars. Mine are!

I don't agree with what either of these two did, but I do have a problem with all the **** coming from overseas. Profits end up overseas, that's the bottom line. Some kid pulls his evo next to my GN while I was in the store and and when I returened he asked how fast it was, I told him I would give him a head start to get that **** away from my car. I parked way out in the parking lot to avoid problems. The way this country is going , kids should be buying American cars. Mine are!

Do you mean your American cars that are built in Mexico or Canada? Did you know that Toyota is 97% made in America? Don't get me wrong, I have my Buick and my wife drives a Ford Explorer..I just don't pretend that either was completely made in America by any means.

Heck, if they buy Chrysler you can't even say the old line "well at least the profits go to America!!" (like many will say about Ford/Chevy when given the facts about how much of their car is NOT built/made in America and how much a 'foreign' car is) because it is owned by FIAT!!!!

Do you mean your American cars that are built in Mexico or Canada? Did you know that Toyota is 97% made in America? Don't get me wrong, I have my Buick and my wife drives a Ford Explorer..I just don't pretend that either was completely made in America by any means.

Heck, if they buy Chrysler you can't even say the old line "well at least the profits go to America!!" (like many will say about Ford/Chevy when given the facts about how much of their car is NOT built/made in America and how much a 'foreign' car is) because it is owned by FIAT!!!!
I do know this, that's why I said all the profits go overseas.

I do know this, that's why I said all the profits go overseas.

So what, if the Jobs are here.

My companies division does about $50 million in business each year with foreigners (they buy $50 million worth of our stuff and we employ 300 americans because of this). If it wsn't for Japanese, Koreans, or Germans, that would be 300 people on the street, looking for work.

I only have American cars, but if somebody wants to buy a foreign car, it's none of my business.

Veteran or not, the old bastard should have kept his paint & spit to himself and his mouth shut. I bet he will next time.

As far as the car being "from overseas".... Hell, half of the "American" cars out there are built outside of America and a ton of "foreign" cars are built in in this country. Being a d!ck to someone for what they drive is pretty chickensh!t and comes off as beyond ignorant. I'd laugh at someone if they told me to "move my sh!t" away from their Regal.

Second, the kid had know way to know he was a veteran before he kicked his azz...

Sure he does. The Douche bag probably told him he was a veteran before the first punch was thrown, right after he was caught red handed. I'm also sure the guy has a military tag on on his windshield or military bumper stickers/license plate on his astro van.

The Hummer Keying Douchebag lives less than a mile from me. I'm sure he's a Nice old guy, too, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve a beatdown when they act above the law.

If I went around keying Hummers or spray painting people's cars, I would fully expect to get my ass totally beat at some point, because I would DESERVE it. If they don't think they desrve a beatdown they aren't very familiar with history and what made this country what it is today. The fear of hanging for stealing someone's cow is one of the things that made the US the US and not the countries of far west Europe.