You can type here any text you want

Video updates, finally took her out after 3 years

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Very nice Chris! The tires looked like they made a big difference! :biggrin:

Chris,

I am glad you had the car out and had some fun.
I want to analyze the time slips when you get a chance.
It looks like you were going so fast the camera man could
not keep up!

Good to see the car is back out!

Thanks for sharing the vids Chris, I love watching your car make passes!:)

BTW, what did she run in the last video??

congrats. glad to see your out playing with the car again. i really like the way that car sounds and i always picture that 2/3 chirp.

In the last video, I qualified for the Quick 8 on Saturday morning. She ran 8.17 at 170mph. I had to let off because I was skating towards the left barrier. I got back into it for the last 200 feet. For Friday's TNT I ran 8.30 at 176 then 8.27 at 175. I kept the launch boost very conservative and ran 1.48 60foot times. I stepped it up for Saturday and ran a 1.38 60 foot. Still 1/10th slower than usual. I had a 7 second ET in there but the track got worse in the afternoon as temps were around 98 degrees.

Thanks for sharing the vids Chris, I love watching your car make passes!:)

BTW, what did she run in the last video??

Chris what a great back drop with the Cal sunset, American flag blowing in the breeze........and a bad ass GN! Too cool!

Chris,

Considering the weather and a little track rust that was a great outing.
When do you plan going out again?
I can not believe that Mini-Mag is a year old.
Time flys!!!

Here's some pics from RedC5. Props to the cameraman!

Pinks%20(97).JPG

Pinks%20(100).JPG

Pinks%20(101).JPG

Pinks%20(102).JPG

Pinks%20(103).JPG

Pinks%20(106).JPG

Pinks%20(108).JPG

Pinks%20(109).JPG

I'm thinking of going to Sacramento to run the true 10.5 race with the West Coast Hot Rod Association. It's October 4 and 5.

Chris,

Considering the weather and a little track rust that was a great outing.
When do you plan going out again?
I can not believe that Mini-Mag is a year old.
Time flys!!!

I'm thinking of going to Sacramento to run the true 10.5 race with the West Coast Hot Rod Association. It's October 4 and 5.

I have a set of tires you could use, but I like you too much.
What is the tire rule for that class?

It must be a true 10.5. no W's but you can run any size DR.

With the current rules I can weigh as little at 3200lbs.

Do you or Dusty have an opinion on which would be better for my car?

It must be a true 10.5. no W's but you can run any size DR.

With the current rules I can weigh as little at 3200lbs.

Do you or Dusty have an opinion on which would be better for my car?

Sounds like time for a conference call later!
I can do it later this afternoon.
What is your schedule?

In the last video, I qualified for the Quick 8 on Saturday morning. She ran 8.17 at 170mph. I had to let off because I was skating towards the left barrier. I got back into it for the last 200 feet. For Friday's TNT I ran 8.30 at 176 then 8.27 at 175. I kept the launch boost very conservative and ran 1.48 60foot times. I stepped it up for Saturday and ran a 1.38 60 foot. Still 1/10th slower than usual. I had a 7 second ET in there but the track got worse in the afternoon as temps were around 98 degrees.

As John said, considering you have not ran the car in quite sometime and the slippery track surface that was an awesome come back! I would love to see you try the Radials, but I think they would obviously take some testing to get them figured out on your car. Luckily, Dusty has had plenty of experience on the Radials and as such I'm sure he can help you get them working!:cool:

BTW, Those are some great pics, thanks to RedC5!

Exactly! Dusty has done a lot to his car to pull wheel stands like he does, it's amazing!

As John said, considering you have not ran the car in quite sometime and the slippery track surface that was an awesome come back! I would love to see you try the Radials, but I think they would obviously take some testing to get them figured out on your car. Luckily, Dusty has had plenty of experience on the Radials and as such I'm sure he can help you get them working!:cool:

BTW, Those are some great pics, thanks to RedC5!

Back