You can type here any text you want

Virgin Stage 2 Off-Center Block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
New block, deal of the decade as far as stage blocks go.

Mike

Yes an no. The 3.8 liter blocks are know to crack between the freeze plugs. I've seen it happen to a handful, I won't build one.

Neal

Unfortunately, these parts are getting in less demand, but some people think they are made of gold. The 3.8s will be less desirable anyway, and any of the off center stuff should be worth less, as they have issues with cracking amd cylinder wall thickness, not all, but some, so they need to be checked.

I bid $1550 on this block, but of course missed it. I figured a 3.8 offcenter was the least desirable of the stage blocks, but would still meet my goals of a dependable 9.90 bottom end. I would much prefer a 4.1 block since the 4.1 stroker roatating assemblies have gotten reasonable.

Great deal tho if it was under 2 g's. Its a early block so the oiling for the priority main at the front cam bearing is different, they changed the casting on it around july of 85 to a better design. Of course both are better than stock but it was changed for a reason.

I bid $1550 on this block, but of course missed it. I figured a 3.8 offcenter was the least desirable of the stage blocks, but would still meet my goals of a dependable 9.90 bottom end. I would much prefer a 4.1 block since the 4.1 stroker roatating assemblies have gotten reasonable.

Keep looking for a 4.1 block it's a much better piece.

Neal

Back