Volt crapper removal

snail power

What's up fellas... Got a volt booster on the car when I bought it but want to be rid of it... Don't know the brand sorry.....Connections are as followed. Red cable tied in to rear of alternator goes into VB box, black cable is tied into negative or ground port of alternator, blue cable coming out of box is tapped into TPS signal, and the red cable off of alternator plug is going back into VB box..... Please confirm if I am correct....

Red cable off of factory plug on alternator gets removed from box and is tied directly to back of alternator, along with removal of the box and it's other connections and ensure brown cable is tied into cluster?

Sorry if my post is kinda half ass on making sense but alot of stuff I have found has been freakin rigged on this car to the point I was gonna get rid of it but have decided to keep the car and try to bring it back to a more simple clean install on every aspect of the car. This is a Biatch to deal with this car compared to most jap and euro cars I dealt with believe it or not, but this animal is worth keeping for life. Help a struggling bastard out!! ;)

thanks,

Nick

why remove voltage booster? can I buy it? Does it work? Do you have a scanmaster or something to watch voltage?

Scott

I see you are a recent member, but I suggest you go back and re-read the board rules when you signed up. Your street language is not acceptable here so please keep it within our guidelines.

Thank you.

As far as removing the volt booster, you are correct.

Nick, I see that one more post, and you have the magic number. 1987! I have a long way to go.

Scott

Street language??? Wow .......No problem...I'll conduct myself in the propper manner in which the 3rd Reich... I mean the board would like me to be...... Recent poster.....And been here over a year but with no input to provide because I haven't tinkered with it enough to provide feedback to the rest of the community. Thnaks for the reply Nick but I honestly think I was being humble and using minor profanity only in a good way and not towadrs anyone else personally. ;) Chill homie.... I can't help it if I am a street person at times..in my blood. :)

TIA,

Nick

Originally posted by snail power
......... but I honestly think I was being humble and using minor profanity only in a good way and not towadrs anyone else personally. ;) Chill homie.... I can't help it if I am a street person at times..in my blood. :)

Nick

Thanks, and I understand where you are coming from as us "old timers" can say!:)

Nick, way to go, party time! 1987 posts!
Snail trail, how about selling that voltage booster. Huh?

Scott

This is probably a stupid question; but why is a voltage booster needed or desired? Doesn't the alternator regulate voltage internally?:confused:

more volts to fuel pump=more fuel
More volts to ign=better spark
more butter on toast=big belly