VSS and 5.7 chip

mommasGN

Hello all. I removed my digital dash and sent to casper's for repair(totally dead)......... Not thinking about the VSS signal to the ecm. There is also a code now for the VSS. Does this affect anything in the tune besides lock-up? Will the check engine light being on affect anything? I feel like it would only mess up the 1-2 and 3-4 spark advance. I was planning to going to the track sunday and I don't believe it will be back by then.

thanks

I believe that the TT chip uses Vehicle speed for deciding between the 1/2 and 3/4 Gear timing and fuel.

Does the check engine light being on put the ecm in any kind of limp mode or will all fuel and spark control still work normally?

The timing will not vary with MPH (you will have the lower high gear timing all the time), and boost will not drop for 3rd gear (which is done by MPH). Also, the false knock ignore programming won't work correctly, so you might have a bunch of false knock retard when launching.
The check engine light won't affect those things.
Eric

Nice. Thanks so much. I'll have to make due this track day. Hopefully my cluster will come back soon.