You can type here any text you want

Walbro 255. What is it capable of?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sams86gn

Have a walbro 255 and just wondered if it will be enough for my 60 lb injectors?

More info will be needed about your current combo and ultimate goals to properly answer.
For instance, if you're running stock bottom end, stock heads, cam, turbo, etc. and your goals are to keep the car fairly stock - the 255 lph pump is plenty to support 60# injectors.
However, if you're bored, stroked, running aluminum heads, gigantic turbo, E85, and are aiming for low 10's - you'll likely need more.

Give us some more info on your current combo and ET / trap speed / HP goals for the car!!

Pump is hot-wired and my goals are to just have a mid to high 7 second 1/8 mile car. Combo right now is just TT chip, 60 lb injectors, and trying to decide if I want to go with e85 or alky.

Pump will provide (at 70 psi with stock voltage) enough flow for abuot 85% duty cycle (on gasoline) with those injectors.
E85 will require more pump and more injector.
Alky add-on will give you more fuel and capability with your current set-up.

P
Pump is hot-wired and my goals are to just have a mid to high 7 second 1/8 mile car. Combo right now is just TT chip, 60 lb injectors, and trying to decide if I want to go with e85 or alky.
If you don't drive it every day,I would go E85,but you'll need 30% more fuel to accomplish any goal that you had on gasoline. This means you might need two pumps and laager injectors.

alkycontrol and that 255 will be more than enough to go mid to high 7's 1/8.

Looks like it will be alky. And about more than enough for high to mid 7s, I have no tuning knowledge and I can't find anyone around here that will help me out so I think I will be lucky to get into the 7s in the 1/8 haha. I will be asking a lot more questions about tuning as soon as I get this last transmission bolt in...this passenger side upper bolt is really a PITA to get too!

I went 7.24 @ 96+ mph on a single hotwired walbro 255 with alky control at 28psi using 60s and a te44. This is my combo. See sig.

Back