You can type here any text you want

Walbro pump doesnt match up with old one

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dana & Beth

does anyone know a good reason why the walbro replacement HP fuel pump for a GN would be a full 3/4' shorter than the stock pump coming out of the tank?
I have it all apart and it was going smoothly enough when I removed the old pump from the bracket and tried to test fit the new pump with a little dismay....when its resting on the bottom of the bracket it doesnt even come close to the fuel outlet at the top.
I would think that the new pump would go in the way the old one came out and have the same over all dimension's......I'm stumped.

thanks turbo guru's,

Dana

Use a portion of rubber fuel line to extend to the fuel outlet.

I have done several this way. In fact Racetronix supplied the fuel hose to do so if I remember correctly.

Dana & Beth said:
does anyone know a good reason why the walbro replacement HP fuel pump for a GN would be a full 3/4' shorter than the stock pump coming out of the tank?
I have it all apart and it was going smoothly enough when I removed the old pump from the bracket and tried to test fit the new pump with a little dismay....when its resting on the bottom of the bracket it doesnt even come close to the fuel outlet at the top.
I would think that the new pump would go in the way the old one came out and have the same over all dimension's......I'm stumped.

thanks turbo guru's,

Dana

Which type of pump kit did you purchase?
Perhaps we can send you an instruction sheet.
Note: Remove the pulsator and replace it with a length of the supplied rubber hose.

thanks for the replies....minor brain fart on my end :confused:

I did what you all said and its all better & purring like a kitten now.

you guys is good you are :D

Dana

Back