You can type here any text you want

Walked a Maxima (again)!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
As anyone who has followed my Maxima/Accord posts, you know how I feel about them, or rather about most of their drivers. Anyway on the NYS thruway and see a nicely riced Maxima 96-97. All the rice toys. Pull up next to him and rev a little and take off. About 1 min later he comes up hard. I hit it and stay in front and we're playing tag at about 100mph. Nice straight away comes and he's next to me. Hit it again and this time wave bye out my sunroof and walk him by about 2-3 cars. I waved bye only because I wanted him to pull next to me so we could line up but he was in back of me brighting:rolleyes: Probably a young kid or immature. At about 120? I let off and of course=THE FLYBY!:rolleyes: We both get off at the exit to pay a toll and I see that there is only 1 ezpass lane open:mad: So I pull in back of him and he pays the toll and then cuts over 2 lanes to exit:rolleyes: Oh well! Gave him a beep anyway. I had some fun. I had my wife and about 100lbs of junk in the trunk and was about 3.20 on the TPS (3/4 throttle, pump gas and about 14-15lbs boost. Check the Scanmaster and had no knock and was 812 at 110. Love this cold Upstate air:D
It looked like he had at least 2 passengers in his car, in his defense.

I experienced the Maxima thing too yesterday, but I was in my Chevelle. This guy in a new white maxima was weaving through traffic behind me then got behind me and started tailgating, so I slowed down a bit. He tried to whip around me and cut me off, but I squeezed it just enough he had to get on his brakes before he plowed into the car in front of him ;)

So then 2 lanes open up and he gets alongside me and I can see that it's a younger wannabe white guy that's looking angry... anyways, he tries to show me how cool his "sensible family car" is and tries to leave me, so I let him have about half a car length until we're going 125 and I can see he's running out of steam... I pull even, wave and mouth "bye-bye" to him and stand on it and run up to about 150 or so. I back off back to the speed limit and expect the usual flyby, but he slows down to and stays behind me about 10 car lengths for the entire trip home. Guess he didn't want to try and pass me again :D

I'd like to race a Maxima. I've only seen one that was riced-out.

I raced a semi-riced out one while I was in my Mustang. He just as well could have been in reverse; it was a slaughter.

Originally posted by Scott231
Uh...you're proud of beating an import? :rolleyes:

Here we go again. This forum should be called "place a kill story and get hassled". I don't mean to speak for GNICETRY, but I don't recall him saying he was "proud". He had a kill, rice or otherwise, and posted it man, big deal. Is he supposed to be "un-proud"? or unhappy about it? Or embarrased for some reason? Would it be better to just back down as if to say, "sorry ricer, you're just too fast for me".

Hey, nobody hates ricers more than me, trust me on that one. I despise them. But one thing you gotta admit, they are not all the crappy econo-blenders they were in the 70's and 80's. Some of them ARE quick.

I for one would like to congratulate you GNICETRY! I love fried rice stories. Keepem coming. ;)

It seems that most Maxima and V6 Accord drivers think that their car is the shiznit. They are nice cars but know your place.
Ryan-
Only when my girlfriend is with me. J/K I guess I could have phrased it better.
Scott-
Uh,....That was a pretty ignorant remark. The year is 2002. I guess no import goes faster than 10.67:rolleyes:
Ken-
Thanks for the kind words. I will post every cocky Maxima and V6 Accord win. I can't lose because I drive a domestic:)

Its the lounge...I can go off topic all I want. So can you, you don't like it, leave.:rolleyes:

actually its the miscellaneous>kill / fish stories section..... not the lounge :rolleyes:

DOH! :rolleyes:

Can't say I condone street racing anyway. I don't partake in such illegal activities. ;)

Way to kill the rice. Rice deserves to be shown tail lights (from a distance!) if it thinks it has a chance!

That said -- I have to agree with Scott231 for two reasons:
1) you started it -- would have been better if he did -- why pick on 200hp four-door family sedans?
2) why would you chance getting a drag racing citation (which is like a DUI!) for repeatably crushing a plebian car?

Like stated, if he throws the rev or obviously wants to run, go ahead and waste a LITTLE gas putting ten car lengths on him to make a point. But the "playing tag" part at 100mph is dangerous to more people than yourself.

Off my stand and under my "I've been busted racing"rock. Just trying to save you from joining me under here or causing a big-a$$ accident.

Maxima maxed a Vette!

You know that doesn't say much for a late 80's model Vette.

I drive a 02 Maxima as a Company car (GN tucked away safe in the garage) I was leaving the office the other day and pulled along side a yellow Vette at the light I gave him a small rev in neutral and a smile. he reved his motor and smiled back! The race is on we take off even before I hit second I have a car length ,I held that advantage all the way to the next light it was about an 1/8 mile or so I was hitting close to 80mph when I shut it down.

No smile from him this time he just took a left turn!! :o

Originally posted by GNICETRY
I had my wife and about 100lbs of junk in the trunk and was about 3.20 on the TPS

You make your wife ride in the trunk. :D sorry I saw that and couldn't resist. ;)

EDIT: Opps, I guess I should have read all the other posts before I responded. :rolleyes: I see I'm like the third person to catch that. :p

fast86gn, are you sure he was racing all the way through the race? maybe he underestimated your car and thought he could half throttle it. maybe his car is a POS. or maybe you raced an 84 cross fire injection vette. looks the same as my dads 87 but is a POS, mid 15's stock i think. either way thats pretty funny.:D

Originally posted by turbo buicks
fast86gn, are you sure he was racing all the way through the race? maybe he underestimated your car and thought he could half throttle it. maybe his car is a POS. or maybe you raced an 84 cross fire injection vette. looks the same as my dads 87 but is a POS, mid 15's stock i think. either way thats pretty funny.:D

No I think I can tell when someone is trying there best and when there just messing around. he had that car wound up it just wouldn't run.
If I had my guess i would say late 80's, 87 or 88, but I could be wrong.
And maybe he underestimated me?, yeah I think so wouldn't you?

As for 15 sec Vettes, aren't they all in those years.

He just should be glad I wasn't in the GN!:D

Re: Maxima maxed a Vette!

Originally posted by fast86gn
You know that doesn't say much for a late 80's model Vette.

I drive a 02 Maxima as a Company car (GN tucked away safe in the garage) I was leaving the office the other day and pulled along side a yellow Vette at the light I gave him a small rev in neutral and a smile. he reved his motor and smiled back! The race is on we take off even before I hit second I have a car length ,I held that advantage all the way to the next light it was about an 1/8 mile or so I was hitting close to 80mph when I shut it down.

No smile from him this time he just took a left turn!! :o

I was sitting at a stop sign when an older C4 Corvette decided to pull up to the right of me and "stage." Being the competitve sort that I am, I had to get him. We both took off from the stop sign and he was at my back door. When he punched it, I punched it and had about a carlength on him.

That is probably the reason gm stopped making the grand national. they would put a hurtin on the corvette. although my ZR1 begs to differ. but thats not a gm engine anyways.:biggrin:

Back