Want 11's what should I do?

T-TYPE 86

Alex
I went out to the track this weekend (California Speedway). My best time is in sig. I ran the car open test pipe, about 20-22 psi boost & C-16. But could'nt break into the 11's. I have an adjustable waste gate but its not an HD. Should I put in a HD waste gate a raise the boost? I'm going back to the track this weekend and want 11's :)

By the way it was about 90 degrees and track elevation is about 1,200 ft. above sea level.

I'm no expert, but i would think you should definitely be able to push more boost than 22 on c16. instead of a new actuator though, you could try an rjc type boost controller. that will give you ~10psi on top of what your actuator will allow and help spool up too. and its only 50 bucks :)

put that thing on and slowly add boost til she knocks, then back it off a little.

wow you should be way in the 11's with that stuff in your car. Any weird things going on with your car is it holding boost thru the hold run , or any power loss that you can feel

Your 60' sucks. Work on that first. You can run well over 25psi on C16 and id run the timing up o 24 in 3rd after you gradually increase the boost and timing after a few passes. You should be able to get the combo to mph in the high 110's on C16

24psi. and a couple of degrees of timing will get you your 11 second timeslip. :)

60 ft. improvements are always helpful and important to work on if you can.

If you can't get the boost up anymore then you need the HD actuator or try the RJC controller bleeder valve.

I was running my FT extender extreme race chip.Timing is set at 21 degrees.I added a little more timing to 22 degrees in lower rpm and 23 degrees in higher rpm's. I kept taking out fuel after every run and it seemed to run faster. I was expecting better 60' times but I'm gonna try to work on that.

I gonna try installing an RJC boost controller so i can add some boost:)

I was running my FT extender extreme race chip.Timing is set at 21 degrees.I added a little more timing to 22 degrees in lower rpm and 23 degrees in higher rpm's. I kept taking out fuel after every run and it seemed to run faster. I was expecting better 60' times but I'm gonna try to work on that.

I gonna try installing an RJC boost controller so i can add some boost:)

race chip usually call for 27/25 degrees of timing

Almost every single person adds tons of "go fast goodies" to the engine and never bothers to do the chassis first. I am a chassis guy first. If the car is not meant to handle the HP, it will not get down the track. The number one thing is your 60' time. You should be able to shave 2 tenths off that easy with some improvements. Start with a rear seat brace or some boxed arms. Air bags, bushings, several other low dollar items when compared to what we pay for engine parts. Get the chassis ready to go fast, then go fast. How can you tell what worked when you put something on your engine and it makes the car work harder on itself. If the car is ready for it, you will see the end result in your time slip and fell the end result in the seat of your pants.

Just my opinion,
Coach

Almost every single person adds tons of "go fast goodies" to the engine and never bothers to do the chassis first. I am a chassis guy first. If the car is not meant to handle the HP, it will not get down the track. The number one thing is your 60' time. You should be able to shave 2 tenths off that easy with some improvements. Start with a rear seat brace or some boxed arms. Air bags, bushings, several other low dollar items when compared to what we pay for engine parts. Get the chassis ready to go fast, then go fast. How can you tell what worked when you put something on your engine and it makes the car work harder on itself. If the car is ready for it, you will see the end result in your time slip and fell the end result in the seat of your pants.

Just my opinion,
Coach

Thanks coach!
That's the kind of advice I need. That will be next in my mods.
Some control arms, shocks, & some chassis stiffening stuff ;)
What do you recommend?

Thanks coach!
That's the kind of advice I need. That will be next in my mods.
Some control arms, shocks, & some chassis stiffening stuff ;)
What do you recommend?

I would start with lower arms with greasable bushings. I perfer the 2x3 boxed to the round tube type. The next item I felt did its job the best was a GNX rear seat brace. My car is a T-top car, so it may not be as big a difference for you. Does your car "sqeek and rattle" going down the road, or when you hit a bump? The Kirbans front braces are worth the $$$ also in my opinion. To me, shocks and springs are something to get other opinions on. Some guys like the Bilsteins and some like the race type. I got Bils, but I am on the street 90% of the time. I still hook like crazy on the street compared to where I started so the Bils work for me. What tires are you running?

Thanks
Coach

I was expecting better 60' times but I'm gonna try to work on that.

like I said ..over octaned .. car will be a DOG. my opinion on suspension .. disconnect the front sway bar .. we ran mid 11s @ 115+ with a stock STREET carS for YEARS .. BUT I have always been "keep it simple" :cool:

With c-16, and a te44, you should be able to run 25psi, and 28*timing easily with zero knock. If you can do that and pull a 1.6 sixty, your time slips are gonna stick together:D

I've run 30 psi with a te60 on 111. Turn up the boost till it's just before knocking at the top of third and then start adding time to 1st and 2nd. Maybe take a little fuel out of 1st. It will feel different.:cool: 11.9999 feels different than 12.00001 too...:biggrin:

Did I hear Dan say "tune for no knock"........:biggrin: