WANTED: NOS TTA PF1218 Oil Filter...

reggie44

WANTED: NOS (New Old Stock) AC Duraguard PF1218, Part #25160561 in box in MINT condition. I am looking for one that is still in the original box with a MINT (read perfect) box with no dog ears, oil stains, crunched corners or hand writing, etc. This is for display so I am looking for a nice example. Please e-mail with price and photos if possible. Thank you. :cool:

Jason
e-mail: jkmaxfield@rogers.com

re:eek:riginal oil filter

I have a whole case of those puppies that came with my TT/A back in 89. The car only has 385 miles so i never used any of them. Will post pic later today. What is one of these worth. They are not available anywhere on the planet that i know of.....Dave

pictures

see attached pictures. I included pictures of what filter is available in stores today as a comparison and to document on the message board for future reference. As the cars become more collectable, these items will find there places in memoribilia collections like mine and yours shown in the following pictures....Enjoy.....Dave

Attachments

• MVC-036S.JPG
    MVC-036S.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 274
  • MVC-037S.JPG
    MVC-037S.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 280
  • MVC-038S.JPG
    MVC-038S.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 278
  • MVC-039S.JPG
    MVC-039S.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 274
  • MVC-040S.JPG
    MVC-040S.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 285
more pics

see more pictures attached. Note my gun cabinet full of memoribilia...Enjoy...Dave

Attachments

• MVC-041S.JPG
    MVC-041S.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 268
  • MVC-042S.JPG
    MVC-042S.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 272
  • MVC-043S.JPG
    MVC-043S.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 296
  • MVC-044S.JPG
    MVC-044S.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 269
I'll take one of the oil filters too. I have been looking for one forever.

Lemme know how much shipped.

Thanks Jason

re:price

What do you think is a fair price? I am not giving them away for next to nothing. I have had these filters for a long time kept in my temperature controlled house. Shipping will be extra careful with lots of big bubble wrap and an oversize box to insure it arrives in OCD perfect condition. Is the one with the order slip worth more. If so how much more? Note the words on the box say 20th anniversery trans am as the only car this filter was to be used on.....throw out some numbers.....Dave

re:price offer

if you only have $20.00 i suggest you stick with shopping for bargain brands at k-mart. And the part number at the top of this thread is for the kmart filter not the original ones....Dave

if you only have $20.00 i suggest you stick with shopping for bargain brands at k-mart. And the part number at the top of this thread is for the kmart filter not the original ones....Dave

Sorry... I didn't realize there was anything special about these filters. Seen e-bayers asking the moon for them ever since I can remember. ttt for a great collectible filter:p

Thanks Dave for taking the time and posting the great pictures of your oil filters. It looks like you have quite a collection of TTA items to match your original, mint TTA time capsule!

PM sent! :cool:

your welcome, nice compliments never get old

Your quite welcome. I try to add as much class as i can to this website because it is full of great people who passionately share the same enthusiasm about these cars like i do. I currently own several Turbo trans ams and Grand Nationals and have enjoyed interacting with people from all over the world about these cars. There are so many people that know so much about these cars and they should be encouraged to take the time to publish what they have learned here at turbobuick.com so we can all (myself included) benefeit from there experiences.
Back on the subject of the filters: I noticed today that there are people on ebay right now selling the $5 k-mart filters as originals for as much as $25 or more and claiming they are originals. Do your research before you buy....TTT....Dave

Everyone who has collectible items for these cars has a different view of what something is worth. Perfect example is the owners kit.

I bought an owners kit back in 2003 for 250 bucks and questioned buying it at that price. Now 1000-1500 is the norm. Why becuase the desire for the piece drives the price up.

So whats a fair price for an oil filter that will sit on a shelf and never get used.. becuase the box specifically mentions the TTA.. hard to tell. Want to find out, put it on ebay and nobody's feathers get ruffled.

I've seen too many get too passionate on their percieved value of certain items. And these problems always surface when someone on a open forum asks a question as to the value of an obsolete collectible part.

Whats it worth to me.. what ever I can get for it if I have the piece. Nothing personal.. someone with a 100 mile car that has full documention I bet its worth a lot more to that person than the guy with the 200K mile car and doesnt have any of the collectible pieces.

dsmith4994.. you opened up yourself to the problem by saying.. "What do you think is a fair price" I think you should say I have one.. 100 bucks plus 10 for insured shipping.. if thats what you expect. Or 500 bucks plus 15 for insured shipping. You name your price.. the party interested should contact you via private message or email.. and you eliminate any possible offers on your well cared for collectible. If your not sure what its worth.. put it on ebay and it eliminates the drama.. or hang on to them till the cows come home.. and see what they'll be worth.

re: comments

re: Owners Kit
I have the original owners kit for my 385 mile TT/A. It is original owner name specific. There is a credit card like item with the original owners name on it.
The cassette tape is still in plastic but i dont expect that it would actually work and if it did i have never used the cassette player in the car and dont even know if that still works either. The stickers are probably dried out and unuseable. The key chain is pretty cool but it is so valueable i would rather use a cheap identical $20 knock off. Tell me again why is that black box of crap worth anything? $1500 bucks for that....

So whats a fair price for an oil filter that will sit on a shelf and never get used.. because the box specifically mentions the TTA. The person that made this thread did email me and i did send him my asking price. This is a private matter between him and I. I was only responding to his ad, not selling. I know well that the price is required when selling. I believe all sales like this should be private. In this case to not actually have to admit how much they may have overpaid. I cater to the OCD. I am OCD, I know what its like to want the very best money can buy.

re: If your not sure what its worth.. put it on ebay and it eliminates the drama.. or hang on to them till the cows come home.. and see what they'll be worth.

I love all the drama, especially the comments about my boy James this morning (the polished turd and the N/A crankshaft LOL) :biggrin: had me laughing all day long today. There is a filter on ebay right now if you dont mind a less that perfect box. This ad said perfect. And i have perfect......All you gotta do is ask and you shall recieve.....You will never find anything i have on ebay.....

PS: Razor, Love the alky kit. You go boy.....TTT......Dave

You are correct, this is a private matter between two parties.

Thanks for sharing the pixs.. one thing for sure, they are not getting cheaper anytime soon.

Searched e-bay and didn't find any. Have you guys actually seen any of these sell on e-bay before? If so, what did they bring? I have one and I'm just trying to get an idea of what it might be worth. Not really interested in selling, just curious.

ebay item number 330406485823 - listing ended a few days ago, $39.00 - no bidders