You can type here any text you want

Warning!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dan Thompson

If you see an MB SL65 AMG, don't run him unless you can do low 10's on the street.

But, then again at $176,000, you might not ever see one. I have seen one maybe two around where I live. You can see almost anything here.

Oh, the MB SL65 AMG are twin turbo V12s

Amazing pieces of machinery, but I'd be willing to bet a sizeable amount of money that they will have issues putting that power to the ground. Out of the hole, I'd try 'em with a high 11 second car :)

It would be interesting too see if someone that would pay that much for a car would be willing to street race.

The one I saw, was when I was driving my truck and though I pulled up behind it, I didn't get a walk around look see.

They might have one at the LA car show in Jan, but it will probably be roped off.

I've personally raced a diablo, several 360's and 550's, and numerous 355's (what a waste of time ;) ). People down here love to buy toys and play with them, so I bet I'll get a shot at one sooner or later. Hell, just last night I was in the Chevelle on I-95 and got revved at by a Lamborghini Gallardo. I told him not to waste his time though, he'd walk me ;)

The MB SL55 AMG are pretty fast also.

Another MB to watch for is the BRABUS. This can be just about anything form a sedan to an SL or SLK. Saw one on Sat with paper plates. Rolled down the window so I could hear the 4 exhaust pipes and it sounded quite, but nice.

How are the Pantera's?

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
Amazing pieces of machinery, but I'd be willing to bet a sizeable amount of money that they will have issues putting that power to the ground. Out of the hole, I'd try 'em with a high 11 second car :)

I'd try 'em too, but with them having 738 ft. lbs. of torque at 2,000 RPM I'm not sure how I'd do.

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
I'd try 'em too, but with them having 738 ft. lbs. of torque at 2,000 RPM I'm not sure how I'd do.

Jim

Like I said, you have to remember that it's all wasted power if it the tires go up in smoke :cool:

There is a video of a S600 (family sedan) chipped/intake/slicks running low 11's at ~120. if thats not hauling ass for that heavy ass car I dont know what is. But when you already have a Bi-Turbo V-12 to work with, extracting power isnt that hard I guess.

We had an S55 AMG run in the 1/2 mile shootout this year. I thought it would be faster than it was (116 mph), but it's pretty heavy and only 463 HP vs the lighter, more powerful SL's and 600's.

The worst part for them was they were beat by a Nitroused, 3500 4X4 Powerstroke Crew Cab Dually that ran 116.5 in the 1/2 mile, laying down a road obscurring smoke screen in the process.

I toyed with an S55 on the Belt Pky. in LI. I was surprised he stayed with me the way he did, I was in the C5 picking up some TR parts. I pulled him by 3 cars or so by the time we hit 95-100 and had to shut it down. The best part was that he started it, probably thinking I was just another slow stock C5:D The look of confusion on his face was worth a million bucks....

Well have to get Jay Lenos Buick out to patrol for these Krouts. His 54 Roadmaster.:)

Back