You can type here any text you want

Wasted a dork in a tinted out black new style Monte SS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVAIR

I was on my way to work about a week ago and get onto the local high way I take to work. This guy who looks like he is sitting in the center of his car, is riding my bumper and basically tail gating. I get a clear spot in front of me and nail it and pull away hard. I slow it down and he comes flying up again and slams on his brakes. He tries to pass me, but gets cut off by other drivers.
This goes on about 5 times that morning and everytime I pull away like he is sitting still.
This morning the idiot was behind me again doing the same thing!
Everytime I pull away, he tries to keep up and gets spanked.
I almost wanted to stop and ask him if he has some sort of inferiority complex that makes him feel he might have a chance. LOL :D

I like the looks of the Monte SS but this is another example of GM's BS rules. Why not put the 3800 SC in it? My buddy has a 2000 pace car edition and he is basically paying $450 a month for a car that is no faster than a Buick Lesabre:rolleyes:

He thought it was fast till he went for a ride on the Darkside. Even before I went to pick my car up he was like "a GN has a 3.8 in it like my car, right? should be a pretty close match" NOT

I was out on the highway yesterday with my GN and my son in his '89 Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supercharged). Needless to say, I gave him about twenty car lengths to get out in front of me, then reeled him in like he was standing still. He let off the gas as I passed him at about 120 with my car just shifting into fourth. My point? There's lots of cars with similar engines to the GN...but they just can't hang with our cars. My son now understands/respects the power of "the dark side".

Originally posted by blackbuick87

Even before I went to pick my car up he was like "a GN has a 3.8 in it like my car, right? should be a pretty close match"

Ignorance is Bliss. :D

The worst thing about the car is its ALMOST rice. I mean big spoiler, checkered flag all down the side, ground effects, embroidered seats (wait, my car has that:D ) tazmanian devil
All show and no go

Originally posted by alilol6
I was out on the highway yesterday with my GN and my son in his '89 Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supercharged). Needless to say, I gave him about twenty car lengths to get out in front of me, then reeled him in like he was standing still. He let off the gas as I passed him at about 120 with my car just shifting into fourth. My point? There's lots of cars with similar engines to the GN...but they just can't hang with our cars. My son now understands/respects the power of "the dark side".

one of my friends had an SC thunderbird that was in the 11s, not too shabby. he got rid of it for a mustang though...not really sure what he was thinking...but id take a turbo buick over either of those in a heartbeat!

QUOTE]one of my friends had an SC thunderbird that was in the 11s, [/QUOTE]

As far as I know, the fastest SC (with or without nitrous) only goes 12.18 @ 110 m.p.h.!(Coy Miller), so I think you are mistaken.

Originally posted by alilol6
QUOTE]one of my friends had an SC thunderbird that was in the 11s,

As far as I know, the fastest SC (with or without nitrous) only goes 12.18 @ 110 m.p.h.!(Coy Miller), so I think you are mistaken.
[/QUOTE]

your ideas are intriguing to me and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter...jk, but no, where did you hear that? He was running 26psi I believe and had major engine work done at snow white performance in fresno, california. his first run was against a viper and he beat him by nearly a second. I certainly hope he wasnt lying to me, but he goes to my church and his friends who knew the car have never disputed anything he has told me. I know hes got the money for it too cause like i said, he just bought a mustang and has done lots to it already, plus a 2002 eclipse gt with every option...I dont really know what to say...ill talk to him tomorrow night and see if i am in fact mistaken, if so ill let you know. but as for now ill be hard headed and keep faith in my friend.

funny how that guy mentioned beating a viper as well. my friend lives about 30 minutes away so getting a time slip might be difficult but ill do my best...that car on the link you showed looked faster than a 12 second car though. anywho, its funny no one ever responds to me on this site till now...ill post again tomorrow night, hopefully some sense will be made cause now i might end up having to slap my friend for lying to me, but we'll see... and we'll also see who gets the last :rolleyes: ...although i fear it might be you. at least someone will learn something.

Go here http://www.sccoa.com
and look under Fastest SCs. Coy Miller is still the fastest out there and like most of them that are in the 12's, they have a ton of engine work done. They are definitely not Turbo Buicks and being able to go fast with inexpensive minor bolt ons.

ok, my friend knows exactly who coy miller is and said he is the fastest all motor sc. however, on the bottle my friend ran an 11.8, without he was at 12.3X. he said he knows another guy who ran an 11.2 on the bottle in his sc, its just that these people dont get publicity and i absolutely believe him. so, thats my story and i'm sticking to it...:eek:

A quote from the link I posted earlier in the thread (in case you didn't bother reading it?)
Coy Miller:
"All motor, our first run off the trailer broke all SC records we know of, including records set with the help of nitrous."

So basically all your friend has to do is show a verifiable timeslip for his alleged 11 second run and he will be considered the FASTEST SC IN THE WORLD!:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like your friend likes to tell tall tales? If you had any idea who Coy Miller is and how much money he has spent to make his SC go that fast...and how well he knows the SC racing scene...and how if anybody would know who the fastest SC on record is...ah, forget it!
I'm tired of talking about SC's! Besides, this is a turbo buick board and my original post was merely to point out that just because a car has a 3.8 doesn't mean it can hang with our cars...even after dumping tons of money into it... And you obviously can't accept facts when given to you.

Rather than post a reply to this thread going on more about how your friend this and your friend that...why don't you just post your friends timeslip and that can be the end of it.:D

Until then, I'll believe the foremost authority on SC's--Coy Miller

well woo hoo doggies

thats fine and dandy right there...i asked my friend about his slip and he said he doesn't know what happened to it unfortunately, he only ran his bottle setup once...and conveniently enough hes leaving sunday for the marines so i cant really get him on here to tell his side, but regardless of what you may think, i'm not going to lose any sleep over a person like you. i was trying to be nice, but my friend is hardly a liar, however ive been searching and every list of fastest scs says coy miller is #1, who knows, but my apologies for having faith in my friend, but honestly, what do you care if i believe him or not? He actually told me to go to that www.sccoa.com before that link was posted and he knew all the top guys off the top of his head, he knows what hes talking about, and yes, i did read the link. also, you said "if i only knew how much he spent on his car and blah blah blah," and i dont have a single doubt in my mind that he put a grip of cash into his car and that he knows what hes doing, a vast majority of the money coy spends on his car he gets from selling his own sc performance packages. anywho, you are correct, this is turbo buick, but its also a public forum for discussion and last time i checked i was part of the public so...oh well, i would have never thought my response would have attracted such an angry attack, pity we weren't discussing this in person, people tend to get carried away online. nonetheless, ill quit now and you can venture back into your own hollow tree stump of self satisfaction and take pride in the fact that you apparently know everything because afterall...if its on the internet, its gotta be true!!!! have a nice life, and next time any of you are in california id love to meet you, later.

"i asked my friend about his slip and he said he doesn't know what happened to it unfortunately"

Imagine that! You've run the fastest time ever recorded in an SC and you can't find the timeslip!?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yeah!! imagine that!!! holy friggen crap!! amazing! since he ran that time before Coy Miller ran his time, everyone should have called their psychics to find out it would end up being the fastest time in the world for his car, even despite his claims he knows other people who have run faster as well!! whoa!! thats truly fascinating! pity too...but i dont blame you, id probably cap on me too, i see people getting flamed all the time who cant back up their stories and of course the first time bs is called on me its on a story told vicariously about a friend so i cant really do a thing about it. shame shame shame, but if you wanna just drop it now thats cool, we could talk about my car, 79 ford ranchero, it probably runs in the 17s although ive never taken it to a track...you gonna call bs on that too? want a slip, video and copy of my vin number to verify? jajajaja, i will never understand why people take this crap so seriously, if it were a casual person to person conversation i promise it would never get so "heated." when will we learn? :o

Remember, those cars weight over 4000 pounds if Im not mistaken. My little brother had a 90 and a 92 SC Thunderbird.......fun cars to drive.

tbird sC

i agree with 8w6 fun car to drive. I sniff around www.sccoa.com from time to time. Very few people get into the high 13's with stock supercharger, the real fast ones seem to have a bigger SC.

I owned 89 SC auto (black of course) Nice car, sold it to buy a GN. I wanted more speed. Of course I gave up ABS, handling, room, and options. But I'm OK with that. They are just different cars, great highway cars.

SC's just have as many problems from the factory, crappy exhaust, fuel pump, heat issues, IRS, auto tranny performance. I broke mine twice. My roommate has 94 SC 5spd (very rare) stock, nice car, but my mildly modded GN will blow him right of the road. He's like got rubber shifting into 2nd, I'm like I can lay rubber at 50mph. Plus get chirp going into 3rd(great tranny)....

They still do not have any scanmaster tool............. so they suffer from problems that effected GN's until the 90's.

Just my $00.02

Travis

yeah, i dont think those cars are a lot of competition for gns, but anywho, i can chirp going into third in my crappy 3 speed fmx tranny, its actually a great story...well, maybe not, but i find it amusing. i was calling around to tranny shops in my town when i decided what i wanted to do to with my tranny when i learned the fmx is one of the biggest pieces of crap and the first shop i called told me "no one makes shift kits for your tranny...and i hate to tell you this kid, but youre never going to make that thing a wheel squealer...youre better off swapping it out for something else." i was like, "um, i think youre mistaken, but if you dont want my business thats fine" and hung up. well, about a month later i purchased a tci break away torque converter, trans go shift kit, and had it all installed and my tranny rebuilt by another shop and what do ya know, i could peel out with even more ease (i could peel out before, however now it gets kinda old, i wish i had fatter tires!)...hmm, then when i swapped out the 2.47 stock chunk with a 3.50 limited slip pumpkin on my own i could shirp all three gears if i really lay into it...never a wheel squealer eh? oh well, his loss. and thus concludes my anecdote.

Back