You can type here any text you want

Water pump stupid question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kjizzle

Broken
I ordered a Cardone reman water pump from Summit. I got it in the mail today, but it doesn't look right. The impeller face isn't solid, it's kind of got a hold in it.
Instead of looking like this:
GWP4000A.jpg

It looks like this:

LQVFBXC.jpg

See how the face is solid on the first one, but has a ring cut out in the second? Is that normal, or did I get a water pump for an old 215 instead? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've never seen one like that. Thanks.

All of mine have looked like the one in your second pic. Never seen one like the first pic.

That's just an updated impeller design on part which was engineered 30 years ago. Ive seen a couple different configurations on a Gates replacement and a ACDelco unit. I'm sure it flows as good or probably better than the OE.

Ok. Thanks, everyone. I felt really stupid asking that. I'm a mechanic by profession, I just never tore into my Buick's engine before. The one I tore off was solid. The only pictures I could find of one's that look like the new one were from 215s or 340 nailheads, so I just wanted to make sure that it would work out ok.

I appreciate it, everyone.

Back