You can type here any text you want

Water Temp Sending Unit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Utah Blaine

Have taken the air pump and all it's hoses off and going after the plenum coolant lines. Being in Texas I thing the engine heat will work well in the winter. This has opened up an area of the engine never before seen. I notice the heat gauge sending thing has nothing hooked to it. I remember in my readings that something important is supposed to be there. Something to do with water flow or something. Question: what all hooks to this this sending unit? I may have to run new wires to the places . Mice and rats are not our friends.

There are two sending units for water temp. One is to the gauge and the other to the ECM. The ECM is in the center and the gauge is offset to the passenger side.

The gauge sending unit uses a spade connector. The ECM is round and has been replaced by a newer design which requires splicing a new connector on. Look them up on Rock Auto for pictures.

PS - looks like you have a 1979 car. Then ignore the ECM part.

You might want to add a signature with you car's info.

Thanks, yea it's the sending for temp. Do you happen to know what color the wire is that goes to it? I have 2 unaccounted for wires in the harness. One is green I think. One must go to the electric choke, the mice and rats ate both wires right to the connector. There isn't enough wire left sticking out of the harness to reach choke or heat

I'm going to try and start it tomorrow. If it starts up I'll get a few gauges for it. Water will be on and I won't have to worry about it anyway (except for choke).

Thanks again

Didn't realize you were in Haltom. I'm in Hillsboro about 50 miles south. Feel like coming down for a visit so I can help you with some of your issues? Make sure to have the 9th of May cleared so you can make it to the 2nd annual Texas Buick Nationals. Starts at 12 at the little river academy drag strip outside pf Temple.

Didn't realize you were in Haltom. I'm in Hillsboro about 50 miles south. Feel like coming down for a visit so I can help you with some of your issues? Make sure to have the 9th of May cleared so you can make it to the 2nd annual Texas Buick Nationals. Starts at 12 at the little river academy drag strip outside pf Temple.

I know where Haltom City and Hillsboro are but I'm outside Strawn in Palo Pinto Co. I a couple of hours from there. Your down 35W, right?

Temple you say. My sister-in-law lives in Collage Station.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this car, it's running!!! Now to start on all the other things that will put it on the road...............................THANKS AGAIN ALL

Last edited:
I'm where the 2 I-35's come together. I live west of 35 about 12 miles out in the country.

Back