You can type here any text you want

Water to Air Intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Why has the Water to Air Intercooler not found its way to our cars? Is it not the best setup for a strip boosted application?

Actually it did. ATR had a water to air IC SLIC its a nice trick piece. There is one floating around might want to glance over.to.the.for sale section i think PHOFF had one not long ago.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Why has the Water to Air Intercooler not found its way to our cars? Is it not the best setup for a strip boosted application?

Why is it not popular on the street, because of the complexity it adds and a good air-to-air intercoolers will more than do the job most of time. :)

The RJC front mount on my race car on a good day will give me a lower air inlet at the end of a 9 sec. run that at the begining! :D

On an all-out 7-8 sec. race car we have found it does a great job when the water side is packed with ice before every pass. :cool:

Its a cost issue too. Those liquid intercooler kits were $2000 new.

^no kidding, and that was in the 90's back when parts were waaaaaay cheaper!

What about on a 10 second car. With everything being the same. One with a front mount air to air and one with the water to air. Is there going to be a difference? Like Nick said. Packed with ice and making a track hit. When the big cars come to the track here I see alot of ice floating around. Just wondered if this application worked only with very fast cars.

What about on a 10 second car. With everything being the same. One with a front mount air to air and one with the water to air. Is there going to be a difference? Like Nick said. Packed with ice and making a track hit. When the big cars come to the track here I see alot of ice floating around. Just wondered if this application worked only with very fast cars.
Well I can tell you that with just water in the system it would hold the temps steady throughout the run with no problem. The 66 turbo I'm running now is the biggest one I have run through that intercooler and it will keep the IAT temps steady and even drop the temp down by a few degrees.
I have seen the same thing on race cars with blowers running a liquid intercooler they just run at a cooler temp so yes it does work.
As a matter of fact that intercooler with the alky makes for some real improvement in HP at the same boost level when the weather cools off. Its denser air going in so you can throw more fuel at it.

2 grand. :eek: Oh my lord. Really. !!!!
Damm I hope that kit came with ass lube
I'm glade we have come such a long way
Just like other parts still high but getting better. I'm working with a company to make down pipes. Yea there china. But
All these jap turbo cars run 9-11 sec quarter passes. With them and hell for $199 bucks u can't go wrong
Complete with dump.

I'm looking at making them 2 piece
Like the tta pipe. So if they are close to the frame. U can adjust it in or out
And not have to do the hammer mod
Like most pipes.

2 grand. :eek: Oh my lord. Really. !!!!
Damm I hope that kit came with ass lube
I'm glade we have come such a long way
Just like other parts still high but getting better. I'm working with a company to make down pipes. Yea there china. But
All these jap turbo cars run 9-11 sec quarter passes. With them and hell for $199 bucks u can't go wrong
Complete with dump.

I'm looking at making them 2 piece
Like the tta pipe. So if they are close to the frame. U can adjust it in or out
And not have to do the hammer mod
Like most pipes.
No lube. That intercooler has the water hookups on the top of the core, that might cause cavitation because the water inlets are at the top instead of the bottom.

I dont see a heat exchanger, water pump, water lines and or wiring for it.

Interesting Reggie. Thanks for the input. I know this route will never be accepted in the Buick Community. Alot of work and expense. These heavy hitters at the track aren't bringing in pound after pound of ice for no reason.

I'm trying to find the name of the stuff the cobra guys are useing. Its a additive u put in the water it makes the water temp a constant 30-34degs. At all time. It goes with the ice man kit

Plain ole frozen water is 32. Those cobra guys are paying actual money to achieve 30~34? I wonder what they'd pay for frozen salt water?! :D

Lmao. That's too funny. :rolleyes:Read the post before u answer.

I believe that all the time. Under atmospheric pressure at sea level is implied unless mentioned otherwise.

So where's this link where Cobra people figured out how to break the laws of thermodynamics? I heart science.

Back