You can type here any text you want

We4/turbo T?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
An 87 T-Type is a "Turbo T". A WE4 is a separate option. All 87 T=types are Turbo T's but all are not WE4's, unless they have the WE4 option on the sticker in the trunk lid.

The WE4 had t-type rims,aluminum bumper supports,plain grey interior and black exterior-they were lightweight versions usually around 3200 lbs reason being is that gm had to comply with federal regulations concerning total weight of production. kirbans have some more info on this.all 87s were turbo Ts,86s were t-types.

87 Turbo T

My car was painted and none of the emblems were ever installed. Where would be a good place to find out exactly where they go? (Hood emblems, Fender(T), rear deck lid, etc.

An 87 T-Type is a "Turbo T". A WE4 is a separate option. All 87 T=types are Turbo T's but all are not WE4's, unless they have the WE4 option on the sticker in the trunk lid.
NOT- I owned an '87 T-Type that came from the factory w/a 5.0 liter Olds engine and 700r4 transmission. I bought it(cheap-not running) for the black-out parts, and WO2 grille that came on it.

????????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes he's correct.....in 1987 if you wanted to "look cool" but "couldn't afford the turbo package" or "just liked the Olds 307 V8".....you could order a brand new 1987 Regal, with the T package....and a 307 engine....looked like a turbo 87 Regal except it didn't have the bulge hood and I don't think it had the Knight Rider tach either.

1987 they just called them "T"'s.....although IMO they should have just called them T types....it's the same difference IMO.

There is some debate to this one. According to GM lit. the only one referred to in text by GM as a "Turbo T" was the WE4. All other non GN/GNX, turbo charged Regals were referred to as a Turbo Regal or Regal with a turbo but over the years most people have started referring to all '87 Turbo Regals as a Turbo "T". Which is basically pretty accurate in seperating it from the v-8 "T". The "T" on the fender did not stand for turbo, it stood for the touring suspension option that was available on the Regal including the v-8 model. (I'm not sure if it was available on a n/a 6 and I have never heard of one.) The GN's had the same suspension but with the GN package, the GN emblems replaced the "T" and the engine call out on the deck lid.
Prior to '87 they were T-Types but I'm not sure on those. They may have stood for Turbo-Types as I have never heard of a T-Type, v-8.

I think we need a few more we4 threads. Maybe someone should make a sticky with all the threads on we4-turboT questions

Back