You can type here any text you want

Weather stripping for 78-80 door/windows?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FlintBuick4Life

Howdy, longtime since I`ve shown my face around these here parts🤠... I`m finally getting my `78 Regal back together after she was stolen back in 2014! It`s been sitting neglected in my garage since I got her back in 2015(was gutted out). Cats, mice, possums and various creatures have been using it as a toilet... I`m disappointed that it took this long, but I`m here now... again. Some might be upset, but I have a complete 6.0 LS w/4l80e going in it from my `02 Sierra(still have the 3.8 motors). The 355 Olds motor/350 trans and all my tools/box were all stolen with the car.

Any who, The weatherstrips are shot all around(The trunk one is new)... does anyone know where I can find the door and window strips for `78-80 Regals that Isn't Chinese garbage or overpriced? All I can find is `81-87... I bought some that didn't fit last time.

BTW, I own my house now... but I`m still a filthy poor person and need a roof put on my garage(It rains inside, but not on the car), so keep that in mind 😄

20240615_143415.jpg
20240615_142444.jpg

Ok... well I made some for now, I just can't find the flat bottom window seal. I found the rest.

Attachments

• 20240615_143335.jpg
    20240615_143335.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Glad to see another Flintoid on the forum. I'll keep my eyes peeled for A - Body seals / parts.
Steel Rubber are a good product, but a little on the pricey side.

Last edited:
Glad to see another Flintoid on the forum. I'll keep my eyes peeled for A - Body seals / parts.
Steel Rubber are a good product, but a little on the pricey side.
Ay, no place like it lol. The top window seals should be the same 78-87, É“ut not sure if the bottom(on door) seal is the same since the door is curved by the mirror on 81-87 and the 78-80 is flat past the mirror.

I'v used the Steele door seals for my 85 T Type. They were a little stiff at first but they broke in rather nicely.

1718488853199.png

I was looking at those the other day. I will go with these for sure, now it`s just that dumb door piece... would probably be easier if I knew what it`s actually called lol

Are you talking about the window sweep 's ? If so, I think Mikes Montes carries them, but not sure for the 78/80 Regal. May want to talk to them about fitment. G body parts has them too, but I can't vouch for their products or reputation (just sayin').

Sweeps! That`s the word I was looking for... I couldn't remember that for the life of me lmao. Thanks you!

Dude RA is the best... I get most of my parts there, Amazon and Ebay for the rest. Sometimes RA can get you on the shipping and the parts store is cheaper, but not often. Thanks for the help, was starting to think I was all alone on here lol

Back