You can type here any text you want

weich cam setup?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

well i do have a budget

i dont want to really do a full billet camshaft for like 1500

the shortblock is coming togather the pistons rods bearings and crank

now this is the list so far and im hoping some of you can chime in and help me out like fill in the blanks lol

cam- comp nodular 206/206 roller

lifters-morel

front cover- webber? if definately needed?

pushrods-?

valvesprings-?

my biggest concern that i have heard is the nodular cams not billet
crack or break in the engine.

any one have a good setup or like anyplace sells a complete package so i dont have to wait like 3 weeks ordering parts from 5 different vendors piece by piece?

te44,alky,23 psi daily driven

thank you

well i do have a budget

i dont want to really do a full billet camshaft for like 1500

the shortblock is coming togather the pistons rods bearings and crank

now this is the list so far and im hoping some of you can chime in and help me out like fill in the blanks lol

cam- comp nodular 206/206 roller

lifters-morel

front cover- webber? if definately needed?

pushrods-?

valvesprings-?

my biggest concern that i have heard is the nodular cams not billet
crack or break in the engine.

any one have a good setup or like anyplace sells a complete package so i dont have to wait like 3 weeks ordering parts from 5 different vendors piece by piece?

te44,alky,23 psi daily driven

thank you

Weber makes a good front cover...but you could go on the other site (same name as this but add an s to the buick) and search for a gentleman named Earl Brown..he gives step by step instructions to port your own front cover...

You could go with K-Motion Valve springs rated @130lb seat pressure..I believe you don't need to machine the valve guides down like you would with the Comps...

The 206/206 is an excellent street cam..or even a 212/212 roller..but to maximize this you will need ported heads...

You are on the right page with the Morels...

You need to measure your pushrods before buying so you know what length to buy...Comps will be fine

Might be a vendor that can supply you with what you need (Full Throttle Speed and Style, TA Performance etc etc...)

Good to hear about your motor...good luck..:p

thanks so i can leave the stock front cover?

comp 206 206

morel lifters

pushrods comp

130# springs

Nodular cams are fine as long as they are ductile. Never broke one or seen one break. I use comp 941 springs. Billet require more setup time and are not usually on the shelf. Weber sells good parts. Morel lifters are the way to go. You will need heads and more turbo to really wake it up. Ductile cam in my sig.

ok again

cam-comp206/206 roller

comp pushrods

comp valvesprings

which rocker arms? is it neccessary to upgrade them or the shafts or just get those pieces rjc sells that support it?

morel lifters

stock rods

trw or diamond pistons or sealed power pistons?

best piston rings?

keep my front cover? port it ?

arp rod bolts

clevite bearings

the felpro headgaskets?

arp studs or bolts?

ported heads

and matched intake

3 angle valve job new seals and guides

im gonna keep the stock manifolds got it welded by a friend and just get them resurfaced flat no gaskets,

am i missing anything or any one else recomend other parts because this is pretty much all my budget can do

thank you for looking this over

ok again

cam-comp206/206 roller

comp pushrods

comp valvesprings

which rocker arms? is it neccessary to upgrade them or the shafts or just get those pieces rjc sells that support it?

morel lifters

stock rods

trw or diamond pistons or sealed power pistons?

best piston rings?

keep my front cover? port it ?

arp rod bolts

clevite bearings

the felpro headgaskets?

arp studs or bolts?

ported heads

and matched intake

3 angle valve job new seals and guides

im gonna keep the stock manifolds got it welded by a friend and just get them resurfaced flat no gaskets,

am i missing anything or any one else recomend other parts because this is pretty much all my budget can do

thank you for looking this over
Most replace the rockers so they can be easily adjusted and ordered in different ratios. You will need to check pushrod length regardless

Back