You can type here any text you want

weird data logging issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

quickstrike

I use my laptop to log(Win98) and havent ever had any real trouble untill recently.
All of my data seems to be fine except the TPS values. The first few seconds of the run the TPS value is at 85 which for my car is WOT. Around 3rd gear or so, a few seconds into the run the value goes to 100%. All other data continues normally, and at decel the TPS value drops back down to normal idle values and is fine. It seems to only do it a few seconds into a WOT condition.

It doesnt seem to be hurting anything, but I am an analytical person and this is freaking me out!

Ever seen that?

Randy

A couple of questions. First you might try a dry run by turning on the key but don't start the motor and start the log. Push the gas peddle down and see what it reads. Push the peddle down as hard as you can into the carpet. Then see what the TPS reads.

The second question is do you have floor mats in the car? If so you might remove them and see what the TPS reading is.

I have see where at a launch people push the peddle down harder at the launch and start of a run than they do later in the run.

Good Luck

Thats a good idea about the dry run. I will try that and let it record for at least as long as typical run.

I have eased up on the throttle in the middle of a run by accident like you reffered to. really pisses me off when I do that.

even a manual opening of my TPS by hand at the throttle body yields nothing higher than an 85 in this case.

I will try a dry run record and let you know.
Thank you for the response.

Randy

Back