Went and picked up an 87 T.

JDSfastGN

This weekend my dad impulse bought an 87 T. So my girlfriend and I went to Dallas to pick it up. Here are some pics. It needs a lot of work and has a few small rust spots that will be taken care of. Hopefully after the basic fuel mods, new weather stripping etc... it will make a nice cruiser. it has 111,000 and we picked it up for 5500. This is his first T (i think he finally realized they came in different colors:biggrin: )

Picture174.jpg

Picture171.jpg

Picture168-1.jpg

Picture167-1.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture169-1.jpg

WOW, no a/c in Texas. And the bolt in the vacuum block looks bad. Need to put vacuum brakes on it or by the correct one. And replace that fuse with a piece of fuse link and tuck it down by the battery. Other than that it looks great. I think it will be a very nice car cleaned up.

thanks guys, yeah it needs a lot of work, and right now he is mostly focusing on his chevelle. Ill post "after" pics after a few weeks of cleaning and maintenence. Oh and it has new AC lines in the trunk and luckily we also have a new compressor new in the box sitting in the garage. I can't do without AC

Your GN in the shed looks like it could use some love.:smile:

lol thats the 85.... sadly being a hotair its been the red headed step child the past year or so. I will be jumping on that pretty soon i hope. It has quite a bit of work and should be pretty quick for a hotair.

Cool, the car that was on ebay......... looks like you got a decent deal........ clean her up, clean up the rats nest under the hood, and post some pics! Have Fun 2! Glad to see someone on there snatched it up.

Looks like my first silver T back in 1993 that I owned. Kinda miss that ole girl...:frown:

Clean that baby up and you will have a sweet ride.

I saw that on craigslist for $3000 I wish I bought it. are the brakes fixed now? I saw it relisted a week later for 5500 still a deal!!

Nice shape. At least the body's clean. The same can't be said for my hand me down '86 GN. (but that'll change soon enough!)

I saw that on craigslist for $3000 I wish I bought it. are the brakes fixed now? I saw it relisted a week later for 5500 still a deal!!

dang i wish we coulda found it for 3000 i had no idea he had it listed that low. :frown:

87GN_ponykillr im not sure what the code is, i know its been repainted so i have no idea how accurate the paint matches. It seems close to a lot of pics ive seen. The trunk rpo codes were painted over though :mad:

dang i wish we coulda found it for 3000 i had no idea he had it listed that low. :frown:

87GN_ponykillr im not sure what the code is, i know its been repainted so i have no idea how accurate the paint matches. It seems close to a lot of pics ive seen. The trunk rpo codes were painted over though :mad:

That's cool thanks anyway. Suckes they painted over the codes!!! I hate it when people do that!

just thought i would post some update pics. I removed the intake to replace the gasket due to a vacuum leak. To my surprise this "stock" car ended up having ported heads/port matched intake, some aftermarket cam/lifters, chromoly pushrods and a high volume front cover. The ports on the heads look wavier than they are due to the 1200 gasket being deformed. I also picked up a thunder fab intercooler from a friend. Should be a fun car when i finally get around to swapping on the new brakes. I guess this car was somebodies project and they probably found a better car and swapped most of the easily removable good parts and put the stock stuff back on.
Picture256.jpg

Picture251.jpg

Picture287.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Picture290.jpg